Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to install Skype? It doesnt appear to be in Muon.

Check to see if you have the Canonical Partners repository enabled. Look for it in Software Sources (Settings > Configure Software Sources > (enter password) > Other Software). IF not, then check the boxes for Canonical Partners, close out, then look under "By Origin" and "Partner archive". It should be there as simply "skype".
    The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Help! Stuttering Skype 4.1. Say it is impossible!

Comment

Originally posted by lomakez View Post
        Help! Stuttering Skype 4.1. Say it is impossible!
        A new thread might be in order here, but skype stuttering is not exclusive to the linux version by any means. Most stuttering is due to bandwidth on one or both users in conjunction with Skype's compression schemes.

Personally I have seen video quality drop significantly (terribly so) between myself and those I talk to in recent weeks, but the stuttering that used to be be quite common has been significantly reduced. So either you can't see the person clearly or you can't hear them lol.

Comment

There are other Skype problems:
          http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...kype-segfaults
          When the stuttering is unusual you might want to test with the older version.

Comment

You guys know Microslop bought Skype right?

Maybe it's time to switch. Just sayin'

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
              You guys know Microslop bought Skype right?

Maybe it's time to switch. Just sayin'

When that last person finally wants to get off of skype, I will be able to move on ---probably to google.
              What there needs to be, for those who need it, is a serverless video chat, direct device-to-device connection, preferably something that is simple to set up and use. lol, what a dreamer I am.

Comment

i installed skype but not working fine

Comment

amam0:

In what way is Skype not working fine? If you provide some details, we may be able to help.

Frank.
                  Linux: Powerful, open, elegant. Its all I use.

Comment

Working...
                  X