X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jglen490 View Post
    That's a bizarre interaction.

Every time I try Amarok, it doesn't work, so I remove it. There are plenty of other music players available. I use Audacious on my platform, and ahve also had good luck with the smplayer frontend for mplayer. I haven't enjoyed Amarok since 1.3; I know, life goes on and improvements will be made, and that's why I try it over and over. Kinda like the definition of insanity!
    Humm ,,,,well amarok has always/mostly worked well for me & I like it .
    it was just the upgrade to KDE-4.11 that it started crashing immediately upon start & only on the Kubuntu-12.10 install , on the 12.04 install it still works fine after the KDE-4.11 upgrade.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

OK well so I downgraded amarok to ver 2.6. with Muon then ran off some updates with apt ,,,,,,,,,now amarok is ver 2.8.0 and works just fine once again

VINNY
      16GB RAM

Comment

Well, that's good news! I'm pretty sure I'll pass on it though. I have this intense distaste for akonadi and nepomuk, so I'll just let Amarok be Amarok. Have fun with it!
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490 View Post
          Well, that's good news! I'm pretty sure I'll pass on it though. I have this intense distaste for akonadi and nepomuk, so I'll just let Amarok be Amarok. Have fun with it!
          as far as i know amarok doesn't need akonadi or nepomuk to be running.
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

The way it was explained to me, it uses them for indexing (which is what A/N does). Perhaps it does run without A/N, but I'm sure some functionality is lost. Besides, as I said, everytime since 1.3 or 1.4 I install it - it (Amarok) fails to work. So as in all things Linux, there are other choices, and I exercise those choices!
            Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

speaking of chioices i hear clemintine is nice but i have been using either amarok or qmmp for the most part.
              Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
              (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
                speaking of chioices i hear clemintine is nice but i have been using either amarok or qmmp for the most part.
                yes Clemintine is nice to ,,,,,I have it as well

VINNY
                16GB RAM

Comment

I much prefer Clementine for its speed and simplicity.
                  I always found Amarok a bit bloated for what it has to do, and Clementine comes with some nice visualization.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GerardV View Post
                    I much prefer Clementine for its speed and simplicity.
                    I always found Amarok a bit bloated for what it has to do, and Clementine comes with some nice visualization.
                    yup,,,,,but when I want visualation's with my music I fire up ProjectM

VINNY
                    16GB RAM

Comment

I tried Clementine for a bit, but it lacked the features that Amarok has. I really like Amarok's dynamic playlists. When I get a new CD, I rip it to my music hard drive and rate each song as I listen to them for the first time. My dynamic playlist is set up to give higher rated songs more play time. I have nearly 3,000 tracks now and its like my dream radio station. Most tracks that I hear I like and then every couple songs is a song I love. Its brilliant. I also like the Similar Artists widget. Ive found a lot of new music through that. Amarok is, in my opinion, the best Linux program out there.

Comment

I just downloaded clementine. I see that it's based on Amarok 1.4. Started it up, added some folders, randomizing the playlist. If it works, it's exactly what I've searching for!!

Simple, but featureful.

Looking good!!

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                          yup,,,,,but when I want visualation's with my music I fire up ProjectM

VINNY
                          But Clementine uses ProjectM for visualization. does it not?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GerardV View Post
                            But Clementine uses ProjectM for visualization. does it not?
                            LOL why yes it dose seam so

I did not even check out clementine's visuals becose I used to using ProjectM ..........ha ha my bad.

VINNY
                            16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                            X