This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarok

Amarok has been crashing on startup since the upgrade to KDE-4.11 for me and a newly created user ? oops

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Really? Ive had no problems with it. I noticed that a second upgrade came for Amarok after the initial 4.11 upgrade. Did you get that one too?

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
      Really? Ive had no problems with it. I noticed that a second upgrade came for Amarok after the initial 4.11 upgrade. Did you get that one too?
      I do not think so ,,,,but maby I got the upgrade after it was out.

VINNY
      16GB RAM

Comment

over hear on 12.04 it's(amarok) playing just fine ,, including a new analyzer plugin for some eye candy,,,,,,,neet

VINNY
        16GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
          over hear on 12.04 it's(amarok) playing just fine ,, including a new analyzer plugin for some eye candy,,,,,,,neet

VINNY
          How do you get the analyzer plugin? Just had a look through the list of plugins available and its not in mine

Comment

oops wrong terminology ,,, I ment applet , the things you can add to the center panel in amaroks window .....

VINNY
            16GB RAM

Comment

Ahhh...found it. Mine doesnt seem to work though. The balls just sit there, the disco function doesnt change at all, and the bars do nothing. Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
                Ahhh...found it. Mine doesnt seem to work though. The balls just sit there, the disco function doesnt change at all, and the bars do nothing. Hmmm...
                Most likely because you use the phonon-backend-vlc. The Analyzer only works with the phonon-backend-gstreamer.
                Proud user of Kubuntu since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Mamarok View Post
                  Most likely because you use the phonon-backend-vlc. The Analyzer only works with the phonon-backend-gstreamer.
                  That explains it. Thanks for answer.

Comment

the crash reporter wont generate a useful backtrace even though the "amarok-dbg" is installed ,,,,,?
                    any suggestions their @Mamarok I recognize you from the Amarok forums/support

VINNY
                    16GB RAM

Comment

I had the problem of it crashing as soon as it started, and it was unable to load the content inside the GUI. It would just terminate and give the crash window.

I solved by removing the config.
                      Code:
                      rm -R ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok

Comment

Originally posted by Xaotique View Post
                        I had the problem of it crashing as soon as it started, and it was unable to load the content inside the GUI. It would just terminate and give the crash window.

I solved by removing the config.
                        Code:
                        rm -R ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok
                        ya I tried that and it did not work + it happens on a newly created account as well (created after the upgrade to KDE-4.11)so it would have clean settings ,,,,,you would think.

VINNY
                        16GB RAM

Comment

You may be interested in the comments here
                          https://forums.opensuse.org/english/...se-repo-3.html
                          kubuntu 20.10

Comment

if you have the wikipedia widget in your widget area remove it . this was causing my crashes on amarok . it would crash on track change randomly. i have not seen a crash since i removed that widget.
                            Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
                            (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
                              if you have the wikipedia widget in your widget area remove it . this was causing my crashes on amarok . it would crash on track change randomly. i have not seen a crash since i removed that widget.
                              That's a bizarre interaction.

Every time I try Amarok, it doesn't work, so I remove it. There are plenty of other music players available. I use Audacious on my platform, and ahve also had good luck with the smplayer frontend for mplayer. I haven't enjoyed Amarok since 1.3; I know, life goes on and improvements will be made, and that's why I try it over and over. Kinda like the definition of insanity!
                              The next brick house on the left
                              Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Working...
                              X