This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't use Gimp 2.8.2 clone tool!!

First off, the tool options box for the clone tool no longer shows images of the various brushes available, but only selectors for mode (normal, dissolve, etc.), brush (cllipboard), size, aspect ratio (what is the aspect ratio of a circle?). I do not understand this at all.

Secondly, when I do ctl-click to pick a source and then try to do the clone, nothing happens: No change takes place. Ctl-alt-click does no better.

In short, it is unuseable.
    Last edited by joneall; Apr 10, 2013, 06:24 AM. Reason: Pb resolved
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

It's all available to me.
    But contrary to earlier versions I have to select the docks called Toolbox , Tool Options and Layers-Brushes via Windows in the top menu.

Looks like you'll have to force a reinstall and/or maybe start with a new ~/.gimp-2.8 profile.
    I noticed .gimp-2.8 exists on my laptop next to a five month old .gimp-2.6.

(And thanks for reminding me I promised the boss a cleaned up photo )
    Last edited by Teunis; Apr 09, 2013, 12:12 PM.

Comment

I haven't tried clone lately, but I noticed adjusting sensitivity using bucket fill seems to have no effect. I'll try clone later tonight.

Please Read Me

Comment

seems to work @hear ,,,, open gimp>open some image file>select clone in the toolbox tool options window>open a blank new file> in the bottom of the new file window it will say ctrl click to select new clone source , click the first file window you opend , now it will use whatever brush you had selected in the clone tab of the tools dialogue window to let you brush in the cloned input from the first window (if the 2 windows ar both visable you will see a cursor in the original file that is representative of the area being cloned moving as you pant in the second window) ,,,,,,,I just coped a portion of the first window I had opend by just scribbling around in one place long enuff !!

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Ok, my error, I guess. When it comes up, there is no brush selected. And the little empty window was not saying anything to me. If you actually go select a brush, all is well.

I must say, tho, that I do not like the defaults in the latest versions.

Thanks to everybody for your help.
          'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Indeed, the defaults are a bit surprising.

Comment

Working...
            X