X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 12.10 4.10.1 - Device Notificator

Hi,
    2 days ago I have upgraded my Kubuntu to 4.10.1, after this change, the "device notificator" widget random alert me for a usb disk connected to the pc. (if I wanto to open, download photo, format etc etc)

This alert is a very boring, it will be showed about 1-2 times per minute and I didn't understand what's the action that fires the "device notificator" alert.

Before remove the "device notificator" from my panel, I would like to know if someone has the same issue and if there is a solution or workaround.
    Thanks

Regards

I have updated several computers and use USB disks and thumb drives but do not see this exaggerated notification.

Comment

I am experiencing this as well, except for me it pops up every two minutes on the dime. Here's the KDE bug report:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=316255

Please add any relevent information to that report, vote for it, and hopefully we'll be able to get a fix for it. Unfortunately, this bug is *really annoying*, so I have to remove the device notifier widget to avoid wanting to put my fist through the screen.

Comment

I think I may have found the problem. I compared the KDE 4.10.0 and 4.10.1 versions of the device-notifier plugin, and I found the following addition at line 66 in the file "/usr/share/kde4/apps/plasma/plasmoids/notifier/contents/ui/devicenotifier.qml":
        Code:
                onNewData: {
                    last = sourceName;
                    processLastDevice();
                }

After removing these lines from the file, the constant popups have stopped. The device-notifier widget now seems to function as it did before the 4.10.1 upgrade.

Comment

Wow, good find! I hoped you updated the bug report.

Please Read Me

Comment

I did.

Comment

Removing these lines:

onNewData: {
              last = sourceName;
              processLastDevice();
              }

Solved my issue.
              Thanks

Comment

My respect for your diligence!

I checked the file on my computer that does not exibit the problem and found it to be identical...

Comment

Working...
                X