• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no place like ~
    --
    Intocabile

Comment

True. And it's always good to be ::1 for the holidays, too.

Comment

Yeah. I like it ./
        --
        Intocabile

Comment

For those interested, you can make Synaptic and other gtk apps look very good in KDE using qtcurve, kwin-style-qtcurve, kde-style-qtcurve, and gtk2-engines-qtcurve. Along with qtcurve-i18n for language in my case.
          GigaByte GA-965G-DS3, Core2Duo at 2.1 GHz, 4 GB RAM, ASUS DRW-24B1ST, LiteOn iHAS 324 A, NVIDIA 7300 GS, 500 GB and 80 GB WD HDD

Comment

Ah, finally an on-topic post. This thread was in danger of becoming quite silly.

However, I would be remiss if I did not point out how saying "There's no place like C:\Documents and Settings\Default User" just doesn't work at all.

Quite silly, indeed.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
              "There's no place like C:\Documents and Settings\Default User" just doesn't work at all.
              That would be %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%

Comment

You can't forget that there is also "No place like 127.0.0.1"
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Only for those who already own one. The address space is all used up, you see. Builders may no longer construct 127.0.0.1s; only new ::1s are allowed. Early adopters were lucky to receive additional locally-known secondary fec0:: numbers. This was especially useful for fencing one's ::1 with the curmudgeonly appropriate fec0::ffff (say it out loud, heh) site-local address finder -- the modern-day equivalent of shouting "Get off my lawn!" to the thugs from the adjacent neighborhood. Alas, 21st century global interconnectedness proscribes such boorish displays of crude protectionism.
                  Last edited by SteveRiley; Nov 06, 2012, 02:46 AM.

Comment

I knew it!

Please Read Me

Comment

No place like the TCP/IP loopback?

wtf.
                      --
                      Intocabile

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                        Only for those who already own one. The address space is all used up, you see. Builders may no longer construct 127.0.0.1s; only new ::1s are allowed. Early adopters were lucky to receive additional locally-known secondary fec0:: numbers. This was especially useful for fencing one's ::1 with the curmudgeonly appropriate fec0::ffff (say it out loud, heh) site-local address finder -- the modern-day equivalent of shouting "Get off my lawn!" to the thugs from the adjacent neighborhood. Alas, 21st century global interconnectedness proscribes such boorish displays of crude protectionism.
                        Anyone fec0:ffee?
                        --
                        Intocabile

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                          Ah, finally an on-topic post. This thread was in danger of becoming quite silly.

However, I would be remiss if I did not point out how saying "There's no place like C:\Documents and Settings\Default User" just doesn't work at all.

Quite silly, indeed.
                          Dangerously close to being on-topic, however not really as it had nothing to do with how bad Synaptic looks in Gnome
                          --
                          Intocabile

Comment

Kwin vs. Compiz. I really like Kwin, but there was one Compiz feature I really miss, and that was the Screenshot. It was the easiest and quickest way to get a screenshot ever.

Comment

kmail is still the best email client I have used.
                              --
                              Intocabile

Comment

Originally posted by Spadge View Post
                                kmail is still the best email client I have used.
                                True, one of the things that keeps me on KDE (And Mint14/Cinnamon is tempting).

Despite Akonadi being at times *wildly* infuriating, the good bits of Kontact are really *really* good.

Comment

Working...
                                X