This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12.10 Does it!

Always trying to keep my machines up2date, but in many cases found some minor or major bugs.
    With 12.10 I only found solutions!

- XBMC had HDMI sound issues in 12.04, update to 12.10 solved it.
    - My normal day2day 12.04 desktop had issues with the taskbar with 2x 1920x1080 monitors. 12.10 solved it.
    - Brandnew Dell XPS 15Z hung during install of 12.04, 12.10 installed like a dream!

It is to short to really tell if there a new bugs introduced, but so far I'm really happy with the release!

I've honestly never had a lick of trouble with Kubuntu, even over the last several upgrades. I used Gentoo years ago but got aggravated when regular updates would as often as not break as much as they fixed, and that's what finally drove me to Kubuntu. I've never looked back. In terms of stability and ease of use, Kubuntu is the best Linux distro I've ever used.

Comment

I want to say thanks for posting these sort of comments. It is more common to hear the complaints on a fourm like this so the 1000's of users that have no problems are rarely heard from.

Please Read Me

Comment

I've been very impressed with kubuntu 12.10. I've 'looked at' and installed several versions in the past. But 12.10 with a full KDE is absolutely great.
        GigaByte GA-965G-DS3, Core2Duo at 2.1 GHz, 4 GB RAM, ASUS DRW-24B1ST, LiteOn iHAS 324 A, NVIDIA 7300 GS, 500 GB and 80 GB WD HDD

Comment

Same here, only praise for Kubuntu 12.10.
          I still keep 12.04 installed on it's own partitions and it too works fine.
          Strange enough 12.10 is noticeably slower to get from the log in screen to full DE but once it's running it is faster.
          Maybe it's explained with 12.10 running lightdm and 12.04 being on kdm.

But then I've always had a good experience with Kubuntu, it's just that I kind of ignored 4.0 - 4.2.
          And select my hardware including laptops carefully

Comment

Working...
          X