X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound: Line In not delivered to Output and Output too low

Hi people,

I'm new to Linux, and I need your help to fix a sound issue that I have, i have the kubuntu 12.10 installed today, and I realise that:

-1- Any external device attached to the Line In, is not delivering sound to the Sound Output, however players installed are doing so "normally".
    -2- The master sound output is too low, even with the differents controls maximized !!!

Hope you can help, thanks for helping me in taking my first steps with kubuntu.

Regards.

P.S. I have tried all options in System Stteings, with no success

You need to post the device information to start with. What sound card and computer, etc.

Please Read Me

Comment

Uuups, naturally, what a mistake. Just a moment.

Comment

MB: ASUS M5A78L (Integrated sound card).
        CPU: AMD Phenom
        RAM: 3 GB

I don't know how to display technical information of the hardware (MB), as it may be useful.

Comment

According to Asus:

Realtek® ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio

Please Read Me

Comment

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/11/fix-h...-no-sound.html

Please Read Me

Comment

It isn't working for both issues. As I remember it, I'm pretty sure that when I was starting windows, a while before entering the interface, the input in LineIn become disposable for output, now I'm not hearing anything and the output is pretty low... May be it is a matter of drivers, as I was having the same kind of problems with the blank installation of windows, before installing the drivers that came up wiith the MB. Once done, those problems desapeared.
              I don't know if I must do the same for Linux, anyhow, I'm searching on the net, but can't find a substancial solution. On the other side, I know that Linux come normally with his own "drivers" for any hardware in the market...
              Last edited by ykeyke; Apr 04, 2013, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Just I'd like to mention that using PulseAudio now I'm able to go up to 153% of the maximum sound, still not enough but it's something. On the other hand, I still unable to get the LineIn detected by the OS.

Any idea

Comment

Have you tried either alsamixergui or pavucontrol?
                  They give you pretty low-level control to alsa and pulse audio settings.
                  I've never used qasmixer/ qasconfig but they seems to do similar.

Comment

Hi Teunis,
                    Yes, I've already tried those ones, it was just using pavucontrol, that I reached the 153% vlaue of the maximum of sound volume.
                    Now, I may mention that the sound entry in LineIn in some way is detected (I've been playing with the controls), however, it seems impossible to get this entry transferred to the output

Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	640298 Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot1.jpg
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	640299 Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot2.jpg
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	640300

The last ones are the entries from LineIn, but it's inaudible !!!!!!!

Comment

per: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/AlsaInfo

Code:
                      cd ~/
                       wget http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-info.sh -O alsa-info.sh && bash alsa-info.sh
                      Review the output for error messages and warnings -- post them here if google doesn't find them for you.

Comment

This is what I get...

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=c8...ff9bdb509d05bf

Comment

That Philips video decoder (which you didn't mention) makes your situation a little more complicated than the typical audio setup. You might have to mute it in pavucontrol, to enable the onboard HDA chip. You might even need to blacklist its modules in /etc/modprobe.d.
                          Last edited by dibl; Apr 07, 2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Sorry dibl, I'm a newbie in linux, and just taking my first steps. What I shall do, to solve it ??

In pavucontrol, I haven't any Philips video decoder, just this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot3.jpg
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	640301Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot4.jpg
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	640302Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot5.jpg
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	640303Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot6.jpg
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	640304Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot7.jpg
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	640305
                            Last edited by Snowhog; Apr 07, 2013, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X