X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3M Ergonomic Mouse

Hi,
    I am using Kubuntu 12.10 and have just bought a 3M Ergonomic mouse.
    I have plugged the mouse but the operating system does not detect this mouse and it does not work under Kubuntu.
    Is there any way to make this work with linux?

Start with the mouse not plugged in. Open a Konsole window. Type:
    Code:
    tail -f /var/log/syslog
    This will display the most recent 10 lines in your system log, and then simply wait (that's what the -f means).

Now, plug in your mouse. You should see a few lines appear on the Konsole window. Finally, unplug your mouse. You should see a few more. Show us the lines that appear after plug-in and unplug.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
      Start with the mouse not plugged in. Open a Konsole window. Type:
      Code:
      tail -f /var/log/syslog
      This will display the most recent 10 lines in your system log, and then simply wait (that's what the -f means).

Now, plug in your mouse. You should see a few lines appear on the Konsole window. Finally, unplug your mouse. You should see a few more. Show us the lines that appear after plug-in and unplug.
      Hi,
      As I was following the instructions to provide the output from the syslog file and when i plugged in the 3M mouse, this time it worked. I could see the output and when I moved the mouse the cursor moved so it is working now. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Wow, Steve ! You're magical!

Please Read Me

Comment

Yeah, it's been happening a lot lately. And in reverse, too. Just yesterday I was a bar and I shouted, "All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand!" and WTF but my hand lifted six inches off the bar all by itself!

Comment

Sounds like a good t-shirt

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
            X