Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting fglrx and multi displays to play with KDE settings?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting fglrx and multi displays to play with KDE settings?

Is there anyway to get the fglrx driver to play nicely with KDE's display settings? I'd like to be able to run dual displays on my laptop, but having to restart my system (or even log out) every time I want to connect or disconnect my display, which is what I currently have to do when using the AMD settings app, is really impractical. Any ideas? I need to be able to extend, or run a single desktop on the fly. Thanks. Using the opensource drivers isn't an option, because I need the battery life fglrx offers.

Originally posted by spacecase-25 View Post
    Is there anyway to get the fglrx driver to play nicely with KDE's display settings? I'd like to be able to run dual displays on my laptop, but having to restart my system (or even log out) every time I want to connect or disconnect my display, which is what I currently have to do when using the AMD settings app, is really impractical. Any ideas? I need to be able to extend, or run a single desktop on the fly. Thanks. Using the opensource drivers isn't an option, because I need the battery life fglrx offers.
    Works with XRandR, but not KDE for some reason.

Comment

write a script for xrandr to set your display and set it to autostart on login. both the nvidia and fglrx driver will require that you set the settings in their properitary application to set the display settings.
      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

I would write the script and then put a desktop file together with icon to dock/undock the monitor and put it in your task bar. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
        X