This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KMail - How do I set up addresses

I am trying to set up email addresses to receive emails from Yahoo and gmail.
    I have managed to set up my Hotmail account but when I archive messages it leaves the header visible. The thing I can't figure is, it downloads all the messages again. I leave messages on server, I don't want to have to delete them unless that's the only option.
    Kubuntu 18.04LTS~64bit|Plasma 5.12.9|KDE 5.47.0|QT 5.9.5|Linux 5.3.0.40~generic|M5A78L-M USB3|BIOS 2101|AMD PhenomII X4 965 3400+|P8H77-I Motherboard NIC|8.0GB PC3-10600 1333Mhz CL9 (9-9-9-24)DDR3

Do you want to setup KMail as your email client to receive emails from Yahoo and gmail using POP protocol or IMAP protocol?

I prefer IMAP. I want my email synchronized across all my devices. With the IMAP protocol the messages will be left on the server unless you delete them.
    Here is a link that explains the difference.
    POP vs IMAP: The difference? Anyone?

I setup KMail with a IMAP Yahoo account and posted it here.

Here are the settings for a IMAP gmail account:

receiving
    The IMAP server for gmail is imap.gmail.com
    The connection settings for gmail are:
    Encryption = SSL/TLS
    Port = 993
    Authentication = Clear text

sending
    Outgoing mail server is smtp.gmail.com
    check Server requires authentication
    Encryption = TLS
    Port = 587
    Authentication = PLAIN

I'm not sure what you mean, "How do I set up addresses"
    Are you talking about setting up your contacts?
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info, should help greatly.
      Only trouble is, I have 3 Gmail email addresses and 3 passwords and having tried all three in different combinations, none of them work. I think ATM I will leave it as I don't want to do a password change as I have other devices retrieving emails and the passwords set on my PC so I can automatically log in to Google+
      Kubuntu 18.04LTS~64bit|Plasma 5.12.9|KDE 5.47.0|QT 5.9.5|Linux 5.3.0.40~generic|M5A78L-M USB3|BIOS 2101|AMD PhenomII X4 965 3400+|P8H77-I Motherboard NIC|8.0GB PC3-10600 1333Mhz CL9 (9-9-9-24)DDR3

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke
        Yahoo is all about "the money" even more so than Microshaft.

Yahoo is just going to be a problem so.... hook gmail and any other kind of "microsith" server where the people will give you the "inside url"

woodsmoke
        Please suggest an alternative.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
          Only trouble is, I have 3 Gmail email addresses and 3 passwords and having tried all three in different combinations, none of them work.
          What are the symptoms of "not working"?

Comment

Working...
          X