This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
    I know that this will get some 'not for me' replies, but I use Kontact/Kmail and have absolutely no issues with it. None. Nada. It just works.
    +1 from me here as well, although I do have the rare KMail crash when attempting to delete an IMAP Google email. But really, given how I use the whole suite of Konact, I'd never switch. Esp. for a GTK application - I'd use GMail online if I had to.
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

@DarthMedicus - Curious, what led you to go from Thunderbird to Seamonkey?

maybe it's time for me to look at some other programs (KMail, Zimbra)...

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyK View Post
        @DarthMedicus - Curious, what led you to go from Thunderbird to Seamonkey?

maybe it's time for me to look at some other programs (KMail, Zimbra)...

Good question, ScottyK. I actually went to Seamonkey when I realized that I could have everything (browser/IRC/mail client) in one whole suite. It worked for me for quite some time, however I did not reinstall it when I wiped my prior 32-bit Kubuntu install and went to a 64-bit one. Granted, I no longer have the "all in one" convenience, but I have gained the ability to seamlessly sync my browser profile across the machines I use at home. I haven't abandoned Seamonkey, just trying something new for now. ^_^
        (Regular) Linux User Since September 1, 2010 (First played around with Linux in 2004)
        Kubuntu 12.04 (64-bit), Dual Boot w/Windows Vista
        KDE 4.8.4a, HP Pavilion dv9623gl, AMD Turion64 x2
        nVidia GeForce Go 7150M, 2 GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
          I know that this will get some 'not for me' replies, but I use Kontact/Kmail and have absolutely no issues with it. None. Nada. It just works.
          I wish it would for me. I have been using Opera for my email client for years now but have tried others occasionally with no real problems but I can't get kmail to even access my gmail acc.

I followed the automatic wizard when starting the app for the first time and I think the mistake I made was to say that I didn't want kwallet to store my password. I have tried following the wizard again as it seems to be the only way to alter acc settings and after saying that I don't want to use kwallet at the end of the process I just get about three pop ups asking for kwallet access and after I cancel them kmail does nothing.

Comment

Well I am a big fan of Kontact these days.
            I use IMAP to access my email account and am now able to access my Google calendar with no trouble.
            I followed this "how to" to set up Google calendar.

http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php?58438-How-to-Make-Google-Calendar-work-with-Kontact

Dave
            Using Kubuntu 17.10 64Bit

Comment

Thanks to everyone for all the good information. I am on the verge of going with Kontact. I will update later.
              "It is not our task to secure the triumph of truth, but merely to fight on its behalf."--Blaise Pascal
              Asus UX303U Laptop: i7-6500U 2.5GHz; 12GB RAM; 3200x1800
              HP Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G; 16GB RAM; 3840x2160, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060​

Comment

Working...
              X