X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making folderview as default for all new users

I guys,

maybe you can help me out here. I've already asked in the kubuntu-devel mailling list but no helpful responses.

In Kubuntu 11.10 I managed to configure /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde4-profile/default/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc so that all the users I created had as default the "folderview" layout and not the upstream "Desktop" layout, and also have the widgets locked by default...

It was relatively easy to do... I just configured a user the way I liked it, an then copied it's plasma-desktop-appletsrc (without the geometry entries) to /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde4-profile/default/share/config/...

But in 12.04 it doesn't work... it doesn't do anything... it's like the file isn't even there....

What changed? Any thoughts or help? Any other way to do this? Basically having folderview as default, and locked widgets for all new created users....

Thanks a lot

Your's trully
    Flávio Moringa

Ok.. I found out how to do it....

Here it is for others...

Q: How to make folderview the default activity for all new users?
    R: Edit "/usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde4-profile/default/share/apps/plasma-desktop/init/00-defaultLayout.js" and comment out the following lines:
    Code:
    var activity = new Activity("desktop");

folderview = activity.addWidget("folderview");
    folderview.writeConfig("url", "desktop:/");
    An add :
    Code:
    var activity = new Activity("folderview");
    2- How to have the widgets locked as default for all new users?
    R: Create the file /usr/share/kde4/apps/plasma-desktop/updates/zz-lock.js with the following content:
    Code:
    sleep(2);
    locked = true;
    Carefull.... locking the widgets must be the last thing to do.. otherwise other configurations won't apply...

Hope it helps others....

Comment

If you're looking to lock down your desktops, you can make settings immutable by adding [$i] to your config files.
      Last edited by oshunluvr; May 08, 2012, 05:19 PM. Reason: correction to tip

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
      X