Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So exactly how large a CD iso file can you burn to a standard CD with overburning enabled?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      So exactly how large a CD iso file can you burn to a standard CD with overburning enabled?
      Unfortunately there's no simple answer to that... in my experience it heavily depends on the quality of the blank media that you use, and the drive that is doing the writing.
      sigpic
      "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
      -- Douglas Adams

Comment

About how much you can get on a CD, in the days before recordable DVD's became common a lot of people experimented with overburning.
        I have a stack of CD-R's that are 800 MB in size, the problem is I've never found a drive to accommodate them
        The largest I've ever been able to burn was around 725 MB.

My present laptop has since I bought it in March never seen optical media so I put a caddy with a 1 TB HD in the slot, much more useful!

Comment

Working...
        X