This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fix for NM applet in the next respin ?

The NetworkManager applet that comes with KDE 4.8.5 has a nasty bug that surfaces when attempting to create a PPPoE connection. My ISP requires me to leave the "service" field empty but the applet does not allow me to do that so no network connection for me.

Is there any chance that the fix for this bug will make it in the next respin ?

More info here:
    https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=298895

Have you tried the later releases? I suggest boot to a liveUSB/CD session with 13.04 or 12.10 and see if the problem persists. The bug report states "fixed in 0.9.0.2" which is odd because the version for 12.04 is a higher one. Maybe the bug re-appeared (regression). You could also add the Kubuntu Backports PPA and that should get you to 4.10

Please Read Me

Comment

The initial bug report was made when 12.04 was actually 12.04.

Is the KDE version that launches when booting the live CD the same with the one that gets installed? I mean that might have been true when 12.04 was launched but now maybe they are not the same?

I will try 12.10 and see if the bug is still there.

Comment

The initial bug report was made when 12.04 was actually 12.04.
        Yeah, that's why I thought the response was odd - the version this was supposedly fixed in was prior to 12.04.

Please Read Me

Comment

The dev might have gotten the version wrong but the date is certainly right. Commit was made 11 months ago:

https://projects.kde.org/projects/ex...dab26810ae880a

Check the diffs.

-----

LE: I've just checked with 12.10 and the bug is not there.
          Last edited by silviucc; Mar 29, 2013, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X