Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asus EEE PC 1015B Screen still blanks, with no screensaver and correct power options.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus EEE PC 1015B Screen still blanks, with no screensaver and correct power options.

G'day all

Been having a bit of a problem with my little eee pc, 1015B as mentioned in the thread title. I have screensaver set to "none" and have set the power options to not blank the screen, but the screen still like to blank itself out for some reason. It is just like a normal screenblank, its not suspended, moving the mouse brings it back, etc.

Is there another option I am missing?

Have not had this problem on my Desktop so far, same Kubuntu 12.04 and all.
    Last edited by Guest; Oct 14, 2012, 02:03 AM. Reason: Marked as Solved

I'm not familiar with the Asus, but some computers have a screen-saving (energy-saving) feature in bios. Check to see if it has that and whether it's enabled.
    Computers don't make mistakes. They only execute them.

Comment

Its probably this issue:
      http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...urns-Itself-On

Comment

There's some documents in '/usr/share/doc/acpi-support' and '/usr/share/doc/acpid' that may help too. There's some known problems with Asus and acpi.
        Computers don't make mistakes. They only execute them.

Comment

Thank you very much for the replies guys.

Dutch, I never thought of that one, unfortunately not it as I don't have such an option in BIOS but certainly a tidbit of info to hold onto for future.
          WTF, Unfortunately not that issue, tried the fixes and whatnot and no go, but cheers anyways.

I never got around to reading those docs Dutch, as I read around the grapevine somewhere that there was some ASUS ACPI fixes in the later kernels, so I figured what the heck and went ahead and updated to 12.10 RC. Whatever they have done, the problem is fixed, along with my other ACPI related issue (sleep, specifically not resuming, but it was a known issue so I had not reported it here.)

Thanks again for the replies guys, certainly gave me a starting point to look into more info, especially the ACPI stuff.

Comment

Working...
          X