Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, I guess we'll have to wait, then.
    [MB] Asus A8R-MVP | [CPU] Athlon64 X2 4800+ | [RAM] 4x 1GiB Corsair XMS PC3200 | [GPU] NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 512MiB | [AUDIO] Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi | [HDD] 2x Western Digital 320GiB + Caviar Blue 500GiB | [DVD] LG GH22NS40 | [OS] Kubuntu 12.04 (KDE 4.8.2) | [linux] 3.0.0-24-generic-pae
    Linux User #446003 | Ubuntu User #13193

Comment

Try the update from within Muon.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I never did get any variation of the release upgrade script to work. Tried several suggestions in thread(s) here on KFN. Replacing oneiric with precise in /etc/apt/sources.list and the standard update, dist-upgrade, did work. That was a few weeks ago. It would likely be very slow today.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          Try the update from within Muon.
          Thanks, but Muon is quiet as a mouse. Same as Apper.
          [MB] Asus A8R-MVP | [CPU] Athlon64 X2 4800+ | [RAM] 4x 1GiB Corsair XMS PC3200 | [GPU] NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 512MiB | [AUDIO] Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi | [HDD] 2x Western Digital 320GiB + Caviar Blue 500GiB | [DVD] LG GH22NS40 | [OS] Kubuntu 12.04 (KDE 4.8.2) | [linux] 3.0.0-24-generic-pae
          Linux User #446003 | Ubuntu User #13193

Comment

At 3:37 PM I started a download of the 32bit desktop using aria2c and it is now 3:26 PM. It's only 24% done, 170MiB out of 698MiB.

SLLLOOOOOOWWWWW! Average rate around 70KiB/s
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

i just used a torrent. it's going at normal high speed - 250kB/s (which i limited, so i can also surf the web and all that)...

Comment

Originally posted by mastablasta View Post
                i just used a torrent. it's going at normal high speed - 250kB/s (which i limited, so i can also surf the web and all that)...
                Thats what I love about torrents, the higher the demand the higher the speeds unlike the normal way.

Comment

Some folks are not getting a Dist-upgrade or whatever it's called.
                  I may have this conceptually wrong but here is my thaughts anyway.

I recall reading somewhere that a normal install will use a local server for upgrades. In my case it is at a college eather in Portland or Corvallis, Oregon, USA. Upgrades tend to tricle down to these server a day or 2 after release, more or less.

So, if this is correct have patience or download from a torrent or whatever. LOL

Ken
                  Opinions are like rear-ends, everybody has one. Here's mine. (|)

Comment

I have a suggestion. Trying going with just

Code:
                    kdesudo 'do-release-upgrade -m desktop -f kde
                    and drop the "-d" part as precise is no longer in development.
                    The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Working...
                    X