• Show
Clear All

The Mad Rush Has Started!!!

Kubuntu 12.04 is officially released!! Click image for larger version

Name:	Yes.gif
Views:	2
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	647737

I usually get 1.7Mb/s download speeds when downloading Kubuntu iso's from the daily-live and other sites. This morning I was lucky to get 250Kb/s. The Kubuntu servers are being hammered!!!

BTW, I noticed that the "Release" version of the amd64 desktop iso is dated 4/23/12.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

running updater and restarting over and over but no prompt to upgrade
    Any suggestions (to an enthusiastic, but inexperience noob...)

Comment

The archive.ubuntu.com precise repository servers are getting hammered as well. I just tested them and on my 1.7MB/s download connection they are giving me only 87kB/s. They may be timing out on you.
      Last edited by GreyGeek; Apr 26, 2012, 10:50 AM.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
        The archive.ubuntu.com precise repository servers are getting hammered as well. I just tested them and on my 1.7MB/s download connection they are giving me only 87kB/s. They may be timing out on you.
        Hehe, 1% market share.
        Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

Comment

Tried it again, just 10 minutes later, and the dl speeds have dropped to 25kB/s for some of the servers. Also, I got this result:
          Reading package lists... DoneW: GPG error: http://archive.canonical.com precise Release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 40976EAF437D05B5 Ubuntu Archive Automatic Signing Key <ftpmaster@ubuntu.com>
          I downloaded the amd64 desktop iso earlier this morning and it took about 15 minutes.

With the load the servers are under right now I am gong to wait till Monday or so before I do any more updates or downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by henge View Post
            running updater and restarting over and over but no prompt to upgrade
            Any suggestions (to an enthusiastic, but inexperience noob...)
            first run
            Code:
            sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
            to make shure you are up to date.

then press alt>F2 and type in
            kubuntu-devel-release-upgrade
            get a cup of Coffey and let it run out..............................

VINNY
            i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
            16GB RAM
            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by rms View Post
              Hehe, 1% market share.
              Yep. http://news.siduction.org/2012/04/li...acious-1-myth/

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                first run
                Code:
                to make shure you are up to date.

then press alt>F2 and type in

get a cup of Coffey and let it run out..............................

VINNY
                Thanks, but running that in terminal get:

W: GPG error: http://archive.canonical.com oneiric Release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 40976EAF437D05B5 Ubuntu Archive Automatic Signing Key <ftpmaster@ubuntu.com>
                Reading package lists... Done
                Building dependency tree
                Reading state information... Done
                Calculating upgrade... Done
                0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Checking for a new ubuntu release
                No new release found

Any suggestions
                Last edited by henge; Apr 26, 2012, 11:41 AM.

Comment

I got the same error msg awhile ago. There is a problem in the repository. We'll have to wait until they sort it out. We'll know when it has been cleared when the
                  sudo apt-get update
                  returns without an error.

Comment

not just me then......for once

Comment

A) YAAAYYYY!!!
                      B) dlbl.
                      Yep, when RIAA testified in court, the model that they used to determine how much money "should be paid" by online music sites to SONY et. al. was the ONE paid model in Britain, wherein the users registered, paid a fee and then got to stream the music from within the company.
                      C) I think I'll polish the bar for a while before doing the deed! lol

woodsmoke
                      sigpic
                      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
                        B) dlbl.
                        Yep, when RIAA testified in court, the model that they used to determine how much money "should be paid" by online music sites to SONY et. al. was the ONE paid model in Britain, wherein the users registered, paid a fee and then got to stream the music from within the company.
                        LOL -- Hard to beat a sample size of 1 to support your hypothesis! (and undermine your credibility ....)

Comment

In the Repository Authentication list is the following:

437D05B5 2004-09-12
                          Ubuntu Archive Automatic Signing Key <ftpmaster@ubuntu.com>
                          That's the one that the "409..." doesn't match.

Comment

Guys, I'm still waiting to be prompted for an update.

Code:
                            kdesudo 'do-release-upgrade -m desktop -f kde -d
                            returns a no newer release available. I also tried with -p (proposed upgrade), but still no luck. May I realize that I'm not the only one? I don't get any error in apt-get update as well.
                            [MB] Asus A8R-MVP | [CPU] Athlon64 X2 4800+ | [RAM] 4x 1GiB Corsair XMS PC3200 | [GPU] NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 512MiB | [AUDIO] Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi | [HDD] 2x Western Digital 320GiB + Caviar Blue 500GiB | [DVD] LG GH22NS40 | [OS] Kubuntu 12.04 (KDE 4.8.2) | [linux] 3.0.0-24-generic-pae
                            Linux User #446003 | Ubuntu User #13193

Comment

Originally posted by Montblanc View Post
                              Guys, I'm still waiting to be prompted for an update.

Code:
                              kdesudo 'do-release-upgrade -m desktop -f kde -d
                              returns a no newer release available. I also tried with -p (proposed upgrade), but still no luck. May I realize that I'm not the only one? I don't get any error in apt-get update as well.
                              same here, update now running without problems, but no new release...

Comment

Working...
                              X