This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boring

How boring, two days without updates to break the system!

But I like signs like this, it's a solid distribution needing no last minute fixes.:cool:

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
    Yeah! Seeing this...
    Code:
    Calculating upgrade... Done
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    ...is making me experience serious withdrawl!

So...when Q-whatever-it-is shows up on http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/, who's gonna jump?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
      Yeah! Seeing this...
      Code:
      Calculating upgrade... Done
      0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
      ...is making me experience serious withdrawl!

So...when Q-whatever-it-is shows up on http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/, who's gonna jump?
      O yes I will jump ..........he he

first the current 11.10 will get net-upgraded to 12.04 then if that takes well (it always has) the 12.04 testing partition will get Q-whatever-it-is ....... :cool:

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Eh, I always nuke-and-pave when a new release goes gold. Of course, that's pretty easy for me, since I don't have anything local that I need to preserve. Cloud, FTW!

Comment

Eh, I always nuke-and-pave when a new release goes gold. Of course, that's pretty easy for me, since I don't have anything local that I need to preserve. Cloud, FTW!
          Eh, ya I thought about just keeping the 12.04 one and system linking my curent ~/ data to it ...........aaaaaa decisions decisions LOL

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I'm just going to roll with what I have of Kubuntu 12.04 on my HD now, , but create some USB sticks to put Kubuntu 12.04 on other computers.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I ignore most of mine for that very reason.

Regards...
              Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves and cares about you most of all! http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/
              How do I know this personally? Please read here: https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...hn-8-12-36442/
              PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST! You don't have to end up here: https://soulchoiceministries.org/pod...i-see-in-hell/

Comment

I know. I upgraded ocelot to pangolin when the beta 1 came out. This is actually playing it safe I know but I have had no notible issues during the upgrades. I did have kde crash on my one machine during the actual distribution upgrade and it left me in an unfixable state. Apt, aptitude and dpkg could not sort out a reasonable way to fix dependencies. New install. Went with lubuntu on that machine, just because it was a bit taxed with kde anyway. It would be nice if the upgrade-manager saved its course of action so int the event of x crashing, it could continue from its last successful operation.

Comment

I've been using Precise daily since alpha 2. At beta 1, I stopped using 11.04, at Beta 2 I removed my old install. I did do one re-install only to find out the problem was unrelated to the software...

I'm saving my headache pills for when I move my server over to 12.04 too - maybe in a month or two.

Please Read Me

Comment

But I like signs like this, it's a solid distribution needing no last minute fixes.:cool:
                    I for one would have liked them to roll back the nvidia drivers to the previous release as the current ones are broken. I think it is going to give a black eye to an otherwise really sound distro.

Comment

Two weeks now with 12.04 on the netbook and overall I'm pleased. I'll upgrade my Notebook from 11.10 to 12.04, but the desktop is getting a wipe and install.

Comment

lol agree, it's never enough beta without a proper system crash, devs are not bold enough they have failed

kubuntu as I feel it !
                        Last edited by Jonas; Apr 24, 2012, 09:31 PM.
                        ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
                        Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
                        Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
                        Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
                        - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
                        >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Who wants to try this experiment?

* download and install Lucid 10.04
                          * dist-upgrade to 10.04.4
                          * do-release-upgrade to Maverick 10.10 (actually, not sure if that'll work now)
                          * do-release-upgrade to Natty 11.04
                          * do-release-upgrade to Oneiric 11.10
                          * do-release-upgrade to today's Precise 12.04
                          * dist-upgrade to 12.04 LTS on Thursday

Comment

Who wants to try this experiment?

* download and install Lucid 10.04
                            * dist-upgrade to 10.04.4
                            * do-release-upgrade to Maverick 10.10 (actually, not sure if that'll work now)
                            * do-release-upgrade to Natty 11.04
                            * do-release-upgrade to Oneiric 11.10
                            * do-release-upgrade to today's Precise 12.04
                            * dist-upgrade to 12.04 LTS on Thursday
                            Hi Steve...

Actually, if I had a spare computer, I would give it a shot, just to see what would happen.

Regards...
                            Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves and cares about you most of all! http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/
                            How do I know this personally? Please read here: https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...hn-8-12-36442/
                            PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST! You don't have to end up here: https://soulchoiceministries.org/pod...i-see-in-hell/

Comment

Sounds like a good excuse to install VMware player or VirtualBox, ardvark! Do let us know how it goes

Comment

Working...
                              X