This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muon doesn't notify me when there are updates avaliable

I don't know why, even I complete reinstalled the system (not because of this) and it still happens the same. When there are updates avaliable, it doesn't appear any notification or icon in the system tray. Even when I open Muon and I see there are updates avaliable, it doesn't appear any notification as it should. Then, I go to Myon preferences and restore them as default, and in that moment the notifications appear, but they doesn't do it anymore. So, the notifications only appears in the moment that there are update avaliable and I restore Muon preferences as default, nevermore.

Maybe this happens only in the 64 bits version, I don't know, because I tested the 32 bits version in VirtualBox and I didn't have this problem.

Open System Settings > Startup and Shutdown > Service Manager and see if Muon Notifier is listed, running, and "Use" is ticked.

Please Read Me

Comment

This post should help you.
      I'd suggest starting at the section OneLine mentions Something to try.
      Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

Originally posted by bra|10n View Post
        This post should help you.
        I'd suggest starting at the section OneLine mentions Something to try.
        Ok, I did it, although I only had the dpkg-run-stamp file. Now it's working! I hope it stays that way.

A question. This is a bug that happens to everybody or only to some people?

Thank you very much!

Comment

A. Let's just see it as a feature available only to the lucky few
          Glad it's working for you.

Please mark the thread solved if you would.
          Last edited by bra|10n; Apr 07, 2012, 06:18 AM.
          Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

This worked perfectly!

Comment

Working...
            X