Code:
    sudo kdm stop

sudo do-release-upgrade -f kde -d
    *two cups of coffee*

Code:
    sudo reboot
    sudo update-grub
    Some reinstalling of nvidia-driver
    ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
    Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
    Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
    Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
    - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

:cool:
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by ubersoft View Post
        So you guys are using sudo do-release-upgrade -f kde -d successfully? Because every time I run it I get:

Checking for a new ubuntu release
        No new release found

Is there a repository I need to add to apt first?
        The easiest thing to do is press Alt-F2 and fire up "kdesudo kate (or kwrite) /etc/apt/sources.lst". Once you do that, replace all instances of "oneiric" with "precise" and save. From there, you can use either the "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade" or use muon or synaptic for the upgrade.
        The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

I wonder whether the -f kde bit is causing a problem? When I upgraded from Natty to Oneiric, I didn't include that, and the upgrade worked fine.

Comment

-f kde for the KDE front-end UI

As the help for do-release-upgrade says, -f kde tells it runs the specified front-end. In my case it failed to load the KDE front-end, printed a warning in the terminal, and then continued on with the Gnome-UI-ish window front-end. This is nothing to do with the upgrade packages or the repository, just the UI.

Those of you running do-release-upgrade from a console terminal after stopping KDE, presumably you got no fancy UI at all?!

If someone runs sudo do-release-upgrade -f kde -d from a terminal in a KDE session and gets the KDE front-end UI with no error message, please close out bug 926946. If you have the same experience as me, please add "me too" to the bug. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X