This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing hidden folders in Dolphin

How do I tell Dolphin to show the hidden (.)-folders?

Originally posted by copycat View Post
    How do I tell Dolphin to show the hidden (.)-folders?
    ALT period

Comment

Press Alt and the . key together.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Click on the wrench in the upper right hand corner and select "show hidden files"

Comment

I used to use Kate to search hundreds of files looking for a string of text.

Now, I used Dolphin.

I navigate to the file whose directories I want to search. I click Edit --> Find. The right panel changes, showing a text entry box marked "Find:" and some options: "File name", "Content", "Here", "Everywhere".

I clicked "Content" to search IN the files (not file names) and "Here" to search in the files in the selected directory and subdirectories. Then I type a partial word, word or phrase in the "Find:" box. Almost instantly the list of files containing what I searched for appeared. I click on one and it opens in KWrite.

Neat. Faster and easier than Kate, except that Kate will show the line(s) in the file(s) that contain the searched for word in the bottom right panel, and when you click on one it will open the file on that line in the top right panel.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thanks everybody, I can't fathom why I didn't notice the wrench in the upper right corner yesterday.

Comment

I usually add a button to my dolphin menu to toggle hidden files...

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                I usually add a button to my dolphin menu to toggle hidden files...
                I just added one. What a great/simple idea.

Thanks

Comment

Didn't know you could do that.
                  Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                  X