This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KDE 4.8 beta

Wow - have run the RC1 upgrades - a reboot and CPU usage has dropped to nothing. Incredible improvement on the constant 30 -70 % usage on all cores I was getting.

This is going to be a winner.

Comment

Did the 4.8 RC1 install last night. The system runs very well. The upgrade path to later KDE versions through the ppa is a great plus for Kubuntu.
      Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
      Always consider Occam's Razor
      Rich

Comment

It is running very well. The fix for the drag and drop bug in Dolphin I mentioned in an earlier comment made it into RC1. Yay.

Comment

I'm finding Dolphin to be broken in split view mode, which is how I have it set to run. If I open Dolphin by clicking a desktop icon or Dropbox, the right-hand panel displays nothing at all. Refresh doesn't fix it.

It works fine if opened from the K menu or a panel icon.

Comment

Did it used to open in Split Mode if opening a single file from clicking a desktop file?

Edit: Set mine up to open in split view mode and it appears to work fine opening a file or folder that way. I don't have Dropbox, so I am unable to test that.
            ​"Keep it between the ditches"
            K*Digest Blog
            K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

It used to open in split mode, with the Desktop in the left pane and the right pane containing whatever folder have been clicked. Now the right pane is blank. I'm seeing this behavior on two systems. The "fix" is to switch to one pane and then back to two, and then navigate to where you want to be. I created a new user from scratch and see the same behavior there.

Comment

I would file a bug report. I searched bugs.kde.org and the closest I found was this:
                starting in splitview -- last parameters are not restored

But for me it is working as expected. Good luck.
                ​"Keep it between the ditches"
                K*Digest Blog
                K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

now I have kmix unresponsive and hogging 100% of a core

Comment

I also have kmix spiking to 35% CPU. I am also starting to get freezes for up to 20 seconds.
                    Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
                    Always consider Occam's Razor
                    Rich

Comment

Welp Ive run the dist-upgrade per the instructions, and kde will load a pretty looking brand new desktop, how ever it is completely unusable for some reason the mouse will move but when i click on something nothing happens........ any ideas.....

Comment

dingo - its possible something is hogging the CPU, any processes on high CPU from a top command or via "System Activity" (Ctl-Esc)?

Comment

Doubtful, as if i click on the menu icon the menu will slide up and down but cannot click any applications to start, same for the network manager, and the sound widget they pop open like the see the click, but it refuses to launch any applications, its really quite spooky because the same exact thing occurs using the project-neon build also. however kde 4.7 works perfect... i was hoping to check out 4.8

Comment

You could always try resetting your KDE config - rename ~/.kde to something else and restart.

Comment

yupp did that also.... i have noticed that if i click the mouse, then hit say alt-f1 the mouse action executes, same in a konsole, if i type something nothing shows, if i hit alt-tab, then it appears in the window... quite spooky

i got an .xsession-errors log posted here... anyone see anything??

cat xsession-errors.1
                              Xsession: X session started for dingo at Tue Dec 27 20:48:34 EST 2011
                              Setting IM through im-switch for locale=en_US.
                              Start IM through /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/all_ALL linked to /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/default.
                              startkde: Starting up...
                              Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QStr ing,QString,QString)
                              kbuildsycoca4 running...
                              "KConfigIni: In file /tmp/kde-dingo/kconf_updateup1872.tmp, line 1: " Invalid entry (missing '=')
                              Agent registered
                              kded(1870) LayoutMemoryPersister::restoreFromFile: Failed to open layout memory xml file for reading "/home/dingo/.kde/share/apps/kded/session/keyboard/layout_memory.xml" error: 5
                              Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QStr ing,QString,QString)
                              No outputs have backlight property
                              QDBusConnection: name 'org.kde.kglobalaccel' had owner '' but we thought it was ':1.15'
                              "/usr/bin/kactivitymanagerd(2090)" Soprano: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.kde.nepomuk.services.nepomukstorage was not provided by any .service files"
                              "/usr/bin/kactivitymanagerd(2090)" Soprano: "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name"
                              "/usr/bin/kactivitymanagerd(2090)" Soprano: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.kde.nepomuk.services.nepomukstorage was not provided by any .service files"
                              "/usr/bin/kactivitymanagerd(2090)" Soprano: "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name"
                              QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
                              (Parent is Soprano::Client::LocalSocketClient(0x1e35ee8), parent's thread is QThread(0x1cd7790), current thread is RankingsUpdateThread(0x1e6d210)
                              "/usr/bin/kactivitymanagerd(2090)" Soprano: "Unsupported operation (2)": "Invalid model"
                              "/usr/bin/kactivitymanagerd(2090)" Soprano: "Unsupported operation (2)": "Invalid model"
                              "/usr/bin/kactivitymanagerd(2090)" Soprano: "Invalid iterator."
                              QPixmap::handle(): Pixmap is not an X11 class pixmap
                              QDBusConnection: name 'org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper' had owner '' but we thought it was ':1.26'
                              kded(1870) PowerDevilUPowerBackend::brightness: org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper.brightness failed
                              Object::connect: No such signal QDBusAbstractInterface::Changed()
                              kded(1870) PowerDevilUPowerBackend::setBrightness: org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper.setbrightness failed
                              OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
                              OpenGL renderer string: G92-600/PCI/SSE2
                              OpenGL version string: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 173.14.30
                              OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
                              Driver: NVIDIA
                              Driver version: 173.14.30
                              GPU class: Unknown
                              OpenGL version: 2.1.2
                              GLSL version: 1.20
                              X server version: 1.10.4
                              Linux kernel version: 3.0
                              Direct rendering: yes
                              Requires strict binding: no
                              GLSL shaders: yes
                              Texture NPOT support: yes
                              QDBusObjectPath: invalid path ""
                              Failed to read classid file: Object not found
                              QGraphicsLinearLayout::insertItem: cannot insert null item
                              QGraphicsLinearLayout::insertItem: cannot insert null item
                              Object::connect: No such signal QDBusAbstractInterface::Changed()
                              QGridLayoutEngine::addItem: Cell (1, 1) already taken
                              QGraphicsLinearLayout::removeAt: invalid index 0
                              Object::connect: No such signal RemoteWirelessNetwork::activationStateChanged(Knm: :InterfaceConnection::ActivationState, Knm::InterfaceConnection::ActivationState)
                              QGridLayoutEngine::addItem: Cell (0, 1) already taken
                              Object::connect: No such signal RemoteWirelessNetwork::activationStateChanged(Knm: :InterfaceConnection::ActivationState, Knm::InterfaceConnection::ActivationState)
                              kded(1870) PowerDevilUPowerBackend::brightness: org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper.brightness failed
                              plasma-desktop(2112) MessageIndicator::adjustViewSize: No parentWidget for applet widget()!
                              plasma-desktop(2112) MessageIndicator::adjustViewSize: No parentWidget for applet widget()!
                              link XMLID_34_ hasn't been detected!
                              link XMLID_36_ hasn't been detected!
                              QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
                              (Parent is Soprano::Client::LocalSocketClient(0x1e35ee8), parent's thread is QThread(0x1cd7790), current thread is RankingsUpdateThread(0x1e38040)
                              file:///usr/share/kde4/apps/plasma/plasmoids/notifier/contents/ui/devicenotifier.qml:157:5: QML QDeclarativeListView_QML_20: Possible anchor loop detected on vertical anchor.
                              QGraphicsScene::addItem: item has already been added to this scene
                              X Error: BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter) 4
                              Major opcode: 54 (X_FreePixmap)
                              Resource id: 0x2200063
                              Resource id: 0x220005a
                              Resource id: 0x2200051
                              Resource id: 0x2200048
                              Resource id: 0x220003f
                              Resource id: 0x2200036
                              Resource id: 0x220002d
                              Resource id: 0x2200024
                              QDBusObjectPath: invalid path "/modules/muon-notifier"
                              kded(1870): The kded module name ' "muon-notifier" ' is invalid!
                              /bin/sh: /usr/bin/nvidia-settings: not found
                              ** (process:2148): DEBUG: Telepathy Indicator started
                              link XMLID_36_ hasn't been detected!
                              QFile::copy: Empty or null file name
                              plasma-desktop(2112)/libakonadi Akonadi::AgentManagerPrivate::createDBusInterface: AgentManager failed to get a valid AgentManager DBus interface. Error is: 1 "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner" "Could not get owner of name 'org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Control': no such name"
                              plasma-desktop(2112)/libakonadi Akonadi::SessionPrivate::socketError: Socket error occurred: "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name"
                              search paths: ("/usr/local/sbin", "/usr/local/bin", "/usr/sbin", "/usr/bin", "/sbin", "/bin", "/usr/games", "/usr/sbin", "/usr/local/sbin", "/usr/local/libexec", "/usr/libexec", "/opt/mysql/libexec", "/opt/local/lib/mysql5/bin", "/opt/mysql/sbin")
                              Found mysql_install_db: "/usr/bin/mysql_install_db"
                              Found mysqlcheck: "/usr/bin/mysqlcheck"
                              plasma-desktop(2112)/libakonadi Akonadi::SessionPrivate::socketError: Socket error occurred: "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name"
                              Installing MySQL system tables...
                              OK
                              Filling help tables...
                              OK

To start mysqld at boot time you have to copy
                              support-files/mysql.server to the right place for your system

PLEASE REMEMBER TO SET A PASSWORD FOR THE MySQL root USER !
                              To do so, start the server, then issue the following commands:

/usr/bin/mysqladmin -u root password 'new-password'
                              /usr/bin/mysqladmin -u root -h dingo-D900C password 'new-password'

Alternatively you can run:
                              /usr/bin/mysql_secure_installation

which will also give you the option of removing the test
                              databases and anonymous user created by default. This is
                              strongly recommended for production servers.

See the manual for more instructions.

You can start the MySQL daemon with:
                              cd /usr ; /usr/bin/mysqld_safe &

You can test the MySQL daemon with mysql-test-run.pl
                              cd /usr/mysql-test ; perl mysql-test-run.pl

Please report any problems with the /usr/bin/mysqlbug script!

QGridLayoutEngine::addItem: Cell (2, 1) already taken
                              /usr/bin/python: can't find '__main__' module in ''
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Using Virtuoso Version: "6.1.3.3127-pthreads"
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Using Virtuoso Version: "6.1.3.3127-pthreads"
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] void Soprano::VirtuosoController::writeConfigFile(const QString&, const BackendSettings&) "/tmp/virtuoso_hX2139.ini"
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Starting Virtuoso server: "/usr/bin/virtuoso-t" ("+foreground", "+configfile", "/tmp/virtuoso_hX2139.ini", "+wait")
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "
                              "
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] " Tue Dec 27 2011
                              "
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "20:48:40 OpenLink Virtuoso Universal Server
                              "
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "20:48:40 Version 06.01.3127-pthreads for Linux as of Aug 10 2011
                              "
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "20:48:40 uses parts of OpenSSL, PCRE, Html Tidy
                              "
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "20:48:40 Entering Lite Mode
                              "
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "20:48:40 SQL Optimizer enabled (max 1000 layouts)
                              "
                              void DBusMenuImporter::GetLayoutCallback(int, QDBusPendingCallWatcher*): "No such interface `com.canonical.dbusmenu' on object at path /"
                              akonaditray(2175)/libakonadi Akonadi::AgentManagerPrivate::createDBusInterface: AgentManager failed to get a valid AgentManager DBus interface. Error is: 1 "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner" "Could not get owner of name 'org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Control': no such name"
                              QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to ViewSliders "", which already has a layout
                              QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to ViewSliders "", which already has a layout
                              QObject::connect: Incompatible sender/receiver arguments
                              KMenu::aboutToShow() --> KMixDockWidget::activateMenuOrWindow(bool,QPoint)
                              plasma-desktop(2112)/plasma StatusNotifierItemSource::refreshCallback: DBusMenu disabled for this application
                              QGridLayoutEngine::addItem: Cell (2, 1) already taken
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "20:48:40 Compiler unit is timed at 0.005332 msec
                              "
                              mysql.columns_priv OK
                              mysql.db OK
                              mysql.event OK
                              mysql.func OK
                              mysql.general_log
                              Error : You can't use locks with log tables.
                              mysql.help_category OK
                              mysql.help_keyword OK
                              mysql.help_relation OK
                              mysql.help_topic OK
                              mysql.host OK
                              mysql.ndb_binlog_index OK
                              mysql.plugin OK
                              mysql.proc OK
                              mysql.procs_priv OK
                              mysql.servers OK
                              mysql.slow_log
                              Error : You can't use locks with log tables.
                              mysql.tables_priv OK
                              mysql.time_zone OK
                              mysql.time_zone_leap_second OK
                              mysql.time_zone_name OK
                              mysql.time_zone_transition OK
                              mysql.time_zone_transition_type OK
                              mysql.user OK
                              Failed to use database "akonadi"
                              Query error: "Unknown database 'akonadi' QMYSQL: Unable to execute query"
                              Database error: "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/home/dingo/.local/share/akonadi/socket-dingo-D900C/mysql.socket' (2) QMYSQL: Unable to connect"
                              Trying to create database now...
                              Database "akonadi" opened using driver "QMYSQL"
                              DbInitializer::run()
                              checking table "SchemaVersionTable"
                              "CREATE TABLE SchemaVersionTable (version INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT 0) COLLATE=utf8_general_ci DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8"
                              "INSERT INTO SchemaVersionTable (version) VALUES (19)"
                              checking table "ResourceTable"
                              "CREATE TABLE ResourceTable (id BIGINT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY, name VARBINARY(255) NOT NULL UNIQUE, isVirtual BOOL DEFAULT false) COLLATE=utf8_general_ci DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8"
                              "INSERT INTO ResourceTable (name,isVirtual) VALUES ('akonadi_search_resource',true)"
                              checking table "CollectionTable"
                              "CREATE TABLE CollectionTable (id BIGINT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY, remoteId VARBINARY(255), remoteRevision VARBINARY(255), name VARBINARY(255) NOT NULL, parentId BIGINT, resourceId BIGINT NOT NULL, subscribed BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT true, cachePolicyInherit BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT true, cachePolicyCheckInterval INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT -1, cachePolicyCacheTimeout INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT -1, cachePolicySyncOnDemand BOOL NOT NULL DEFAULT false, cachePolicyLocalParts VARBINARY(255), queryString VARBINARY(255), queryLanguage VARBINARY(255), FOREIGN KEY (parentId) REFERENCES CollectionTable(id) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE, FOREIGN KEY (resourceId) REFERENCES ResourceTable(id) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE) COLLATE=utf8_general_ci DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8"
                              adding index "CREATE UNIQUE INDEX CollectionTable_parentAndNameIndex ON CollectionTable (parentId,name)"
                              "INSERT INTO CollectionTable (resourceId,name,parentId) VALUES (1,'Search',NULL)"
                              checking table "MimeTypeTable"
                              "CREATE TABLE MimeTypeTable (id BIGINT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY, name VARBINARY(255) NOT NULL UNIQUE) COLLATE=utf8_general_ci DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8"
                              "INSERT INTO MimeTypeTable (name) VALUES ('application/octet-stream')"
                              "INSERT INTO MimeTypeTable (name) VALUES ('message/rfc822')"
                              "INSERT INTO MimeTypeTable (name) VALUES ('text/calendar')"
                              "INSERT INTO MimeTypeTable (name) VALUES ('text/vcard')"
                              "INSERT INTO MimeTypeTable (name) VALUES ('inode/directory')"
                              checking table "PimItemTable"
                              "CREATE TABLE PimItemTable (id BIGINT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY, rev INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, remoteId VARBINARY(255), remoteRevision VARBINARY(255), collectionId BIGINT, mimeTypeId BIGINT, datetime TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, atime TIMESTAMP, dirty BOOL, size BIGINT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, FOREIGN KEY (collectionId) REFERENCES CollectionTable(id) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE, FOREIGN KEY (mimeTypeId) REFERENCES MimeTypeTable(id) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE) COLLATE=utf8_general_ci DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8"
                              adding index "CREATE INDEX PimItemTable_collectionIndex ON PimItemTable (collectionId)"
                              checking table "FlagTable"
                              "CREATE TABLE FlagTable (id BIGINT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY, name VARBINARY(255) NOT NULL UNIQUE) COLLATE=utf8_general_ci DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8"
                              "INSERT INTO FlagTable (name) VALUES ('important')"
                              "INSERT INTO FlagTable (name) VALUES ('has_attachment')"
                              "INSERT INTO FlagTable (name) VALUES ('spam')"
                              "INSERT INTO FlagTable (name) VALUES ('\\ANSWERED')"
                              "INSERT INTO FlagTable (name) VALUES ('\\FLAGGED')"
                              "INSERT INTO FlagTable (name) VALUES ('\\DELETED')"
                              "INSERT INTO FlagTable (name) VALUES ('\\SEEN')"
                              "INSERT INTO FlagTable (name) VALUES ('\\DRAFT')"
                              checking table "PartTable"
                              "CREATE TABLE PartTable (id BIGINT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY, pimItemId BIGINT NOT NULL, name VARBINARY(255) NOT NULL, data LONGBLOB, datasize BIGINT NOT NULL, version INTEGER DEFAULT 0, external BOOL DEFAULT false, FOREIGN KEY (pimItemId) REFERENCES PimItemTable(id) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE) COLLATE=utf8_general_ci DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8"
                              adding index "CREATE UNIQUE INDEX PartTable_pimItemIdNameIndex ON PartTable (pimItemId,name)"
                              adding index "CREATE INDEX PartTable_pimItemNameIndex ON PartTable (name)"
                              checking table "CollectionAttributeTable"
                              "CREATE TABLE CollectionAttributeTable (id BIGINT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY, collectionId BIGINT NOT NULL, type LONGBLOB NOT NULL, value LONGBLOB, FOREIGN KEY (collectionId) REFERENCES CollectionTable(id) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE) COLLATE=utf8_general_ci DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8"
                              adding index "CREATE INDEX CollectionAttributeTable_collectionIndex ON CollectionAttributeTable (collectionId)"
                              checking relation "PimItemFlagRelation"
                              "CREATE TABLE PimItemFlagRelation (PimItem_id INTEGER REFERENCES PimItemTable(id), Flag_id INTEGER REFERENCES FlagTable(id), PRIMARY KEY (PimItem_id, Flag_id))"
                              checking relation "CollectionMimeTypeRelation"
                              "CREATE TABLE CollectionMimeTypeRelation (Collection_id INTEGER REFERENCES CollectionTable(id), MimeType_id INTEGER REFERENCES MimeTypeTable(id), PRIMARY KEY (Collection_id, MimeType_id))"
                              checking relation "CollectionPimItemRelation"
                              "CREATE TABLE CollectionPimItemRelation (Collection_id INTEGER REFERENCES CollectionTable(id), PimItem_id INTEGER REFERENCES PimItemTable(id), PRIMARY KEY (Collection_id, PimItem_id))"
                              DbInitializer::run() done
                              skipping update 2
                              skipping update 3
                              skipping update 4
                              skipping update 8
                              skipping update 10
                              skipping update 12
                              skipping update 13
                              skipping update 14
                              skipping update 15
                              skipping update 16
                              skipping update 17
                              skipping update 18
                              skipping update 19
                              Nepomuk Query Server not available
                              DataStore::unhideAllPimItems()
                              PLUGINS: "/usr/share/akonadi/agents"
                              PLUGINS: ("akonadinepomukfeederagent.desktop", "akonotesresource.desktop", "birthdaysresource.desktop", "calendarsearchagent.desktop", "contactsresource.desktop", "davgroupwareresource.desktop", "icalresource.desktop", "imapresource.desktop", "invitationsagent.desktop", "kabcresource.desktop", "kalarmdirresource.desktop", "kalarmresource.desktop", "kcalresource.desktop", "kdeaccountsresource.desktop", "knutresource.desktop", "kolabproxyresource.desktop", "localbookmarksresource.desktop", "maildirresource.desktop", "maildispatcheragent.desktop", "mailfilteragent.desktop", "mboxresource.desktop", "microblog.desktop", "mixedmaildirresource.desktop", "mtdummyresource.desktop", "nepomuktagresource.desktop", "nntpresource.desktop", "notesresource.desktop", "openxchangeresource.desktop", "pop3resource.desktop", "vcarddirresource.desktop", "vcardresource.desktop")
                              search paths: ("/usr/local/sbin", "/usr/local/bin", "/usr/sbin", "/usr/bin", "/sbin", "/bin", "/usr/games")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_nepomuk_feeder" 0 ("Unique", "Autostart", "NoConfig")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_akonotes_resource" 0 ("Resource", "Notes")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_birthdays_resource" 0 ("Resource", "Unique")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_calendarsearch_agent" 0 ("Unique", "NoConfig")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_contacts_resource" 0 ("Resource")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_davgroupware_resource" 0 ("Resource", "FreeBusyProvider")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_ical_resource" 0 ("Resource")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_imap_resource" 0 ("Resource")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_invitations_agent" 0 ("NoConfig")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_kabc_resource" 0 ("Resource")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_kalarm_dir_resource" 0 ("Resource")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_kalarm_resource" 0 ("Resource")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_kcal_resource" 0 ("Resource")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_kdeaccounts_resource" 0 ("Resource")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_knut_resource" 0 ("Resource")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_kolabproxy_resource" 0 ("Resource", "Unique")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_localbookmarks_resource" 0 ("Resource")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_maildir_resource" 0 ("Resource")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_maildispatcher_agent" 0 ("Unique", "Autostart")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_mailfilter_agent" 0 ("Unique", "Autostart")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_mbox_resource" 0 ("Resource")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_microblog_resource" 0 ("Resource")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_mixedmaildir_resource" 0 ("Resource")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_mailtransport_dummy_resource" 0 ("Resource", "MailTransport")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_nepomuktag_resource" 0 ("Resource", "Virtual", "Unique", "NoConfig")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_nntp_resource" 0 ("Resource")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_notes_resource" 0 ("Resource")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_openxchange_resource" 0 ("Resource")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_pop3_resource" 0 ("Resource")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_vcarddir_resource" 0 ("Resource")
                              PLUGINS inserting: "akonadi_vcard_resource" 0 ("Resource")
                              Akonadi server is now operational.
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "20:48:41 Checkpoint started
                              "
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "20:48:41 Roll forward started
                              "
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "20:48:41 Roll forward complete
                              "
                              search paths: ("/home/dingo/.kde/lib/kde4/plugins/", "/usr/lib/kde4/plugins/", "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/plugins", "/usr/lib/qt4/plugins", "/usr/bin", "/usr/lib/kde4/plugins", "/home/dingo/.kde/lib/kde4/", "/usr/lib/kde4/")
                              "AgentManager::setAgentInstanceName" Agent instance "akonadi_contacts_resource_0" has no resource interface!
                              akonaditray(2175)/libakonadi: Unable to obtain the KConfigXT D-Bus interface of "akonadi_contacts_resource_0"
                              search paths: ("/home/dingo/.kde/lib/kde4/plugins/", "/usr/lib/kde4/plugins/", "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/plugins", "/usr/lib/qt4/plugins", "/usr/bin", "/usr/lib/kde4/plugins", "/home/dingo/.kde/lib/kde4/", "/usr/lib/kde4/")
                              Known subscriber "AkonadiAgentServer" subscribes again
                              void Akonadi::NotificationSource::addClientServiceName( const QString&) Notification source "AkonadiAgentServer" now serving: (":1.85", ":1.87")
                              Known subscriber "akonadi_maildispatcher_agent" subscribes again
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "20:48:41 Checkpoint started
                              "
                              Known subscriber "akonadi_mailfilter_agent" subscribes again
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "20:48:41 Checkpoint finished, log reused
                              "
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "20:48:41 Server online at 1111 (pid 2284)
                              "
                              Virtuoso started: 2284
                              Soprano::ODBC::ConnectionPool::ConnectionPool(cons t QString&, const QStringList&, QObject*) "host=localhost:1111;uid=dba;pwd=dba;driver=/usr/lib/odbc/virtodbc_r.so"
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::Connection::Connection() QThread(0x19a2750)
                              void Akonadi::NotificationSource::addClientServiceName( const QString&) Notification source "AkonadiAgentServer" now serving: (":1.85", ":1.87", ":1.88")
                              kmix(2178) sink_input_cb: Ignoring sink-input due to it being designated as an event and thus handled by the Event slider
                              kded(1870)/kmix sink_input_cb: Ignoring sink-input due to it being designated as an event and thus handled by the Event slider
                              kmix(2178) sink_input_cb: Ignoring sink-input due to it being designated as an event and thus handled by the Event slider
                              kded(1870)/kmix sink_input_cb: Ignoring sink-input due to it being designated as an event and thus handled by the Event slider
                              Agent instance created in separate process.
                              AkonadiAgentServer(2335)/kio (KDirWatch) KDirWatchPrivate::removeEntry: doesn't know "/home/dingo/.kde/share/apps/korganizer"
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] virtual Soprano::ODBC::Connection::~Connection() QThread(0x19a2750)
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::Connection::Connection() QThread(0x19a2750)
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::Connection::Connection() Nepomuk::GraphMaintainer(0x1ad9bd0)
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] virtual Soprano::ODBC::Connection::~Connection() Nepomuk::GraphMaintainer(0x1ad9bd0)
                              void Akonadi::NotificationSource::addClientServiceName( const QString&) Notification source "AkonadiAgentServer" now serving: (":1.85", ":1.87", ":1.88", ":1.89")
                              AkonadiAgentServer(2342) MaildirResource::maildirForCollection: Got incomplete ancestor chain: Collection ID: 4 remote ID: ""
                              name: "outbox"
                              url: KUrl("akonadi:?collection=4")
                              parent: 3 "/home/dingo/.local/share/local-mail"
                              resource: "akonadi_maildir_resource_0"
                              rights: QFlags(0x1|0x2|0x4|0x8|0x10|0x20)
                              contents mime type: ("message/rfc822", "inode/directory")
                              CachePolicy:
                              inherit: true
                              interval: -1
                              timeout: 1
                              sync on demand: true
                              local parts: ("ENVELOPE")
                              CollectionStatistics:
                              count: -1
                              unread count: -1
                              size: -1
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] void Soprano::VirtuosoController::writeConfigFile(const QString&, const BackendSettings&) "/tmp/virtuoso_SL2139.ini"
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Starting Virtuoso server: "/usr/bin/virtuoso-t" ("+foreground", "+configfile", "/tmp/virtuoso_SL2139.ini", "+wait")
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "
                              "
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] " Tue Dec 27 2011
                              "
                              "20:48:42 OpenLink Virtuoso Universal Server
                              "
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "20:48:42 Version 06.01.3127-pthreads for Linux as of Aug 10 2011
                              "
                              "20:48:42 uses parts of OpenSSL, PCRE, Html Tidy
                              "
                              QGraphicsLinearLayout::removeAt: invalid index 1
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "20:48:42 Entering Lite Mode
                              "
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "20:48:42 SQL Optimizer enabled (max 1000 layouts)
                              "
                              unnamed app(2381) main: Migrator instance already running for type "contact"
                              X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
                              Major opcode: 20 (X_GetProperty)
                              Resource id: 0x4600012
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "20:48:42 Compiler unit is timed at 0.002968 msec
                              "
                              unnamed app(2385) main: Migrator instance already running for type "calendar"
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "20:48:42 Checkpoint started
                              "
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "20:48:42 Roll forward started
                              "
                              "20:48:42 Roll forward complete
                              "
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "20:48:43 Checkpoint started
                              "
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "20:48:43 Checkpoint finished, log reused
                              "
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "20:48:45 Server online at 1112 (pid 2370)
                              "
                              Virtuoso started: 2370
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::ConnectionPool::ConnectionPool(cons t QString&, const QStringList&, QObject*) "host=localhost:1112;uid=dba;pwd=dba;driver=/usr/lib/odbc/virtodbc_r.so"
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] virtual Soprano::ODBC::Connection::~Connection() QThread(0x19a2750)
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Shutting down virtuoso instance 2370
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Virtuoso server stopped: 0
                              "/usr/bin/krunner(2141)" Soprano: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownObject - No such object path '/org/soprano/Server'"
                              "/usr/bin/kactivitymanagerd(2090)" Soprano: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownObject - No such object path '/org/soprano/Server'"
                              "/usr/bin/akonadi_nepomuk_feeder(2323)" Soprano: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownObject - No such object path '/org/soprano/Server'"
                              "/usr/bin/akonadi_nepomuk_feeder(2323)" Soprano: "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name"
                              "/usr/bin/krunner(2141)" Soprano: "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name"
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] (Soprano::Redland::BackendPlugin) creating model of type "hashes" with options "hash-type='memory',contexts='yes'"
                              "/usr/bin/kactivitymanagerd(2090)" Soprano: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownObject - No such object path '/org/soprano/Server'"
                              "/usr/bin/krunner(2141)" Soprano: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownObject - No such object path '/org/soprano/Server'"
                              "/usr/bin/akonadi_nepomuk_feeder(2323)" Soprano: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownObject - No such object path '/org/soprano/Server'"
                              "/usr/bin/akonadi_nepomuk_feeder(2323)" Soprano: "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name"
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] (Soprano::Redland::BackendPlugin) creating model of type "hashes" with options "hash-type='memory',contexts='yes'"
                              Known subscriber "akonadi_nepomuk_feeder" subscribes again
                              akonadi_nepomuk_feeder(2323) FeederPluginloader::feederPluginsForMimeType: No feeder for type "text/calendar" found
                              akonadi_nepomuk_feeder(2323) FeederPluginloader::feederPluginsForMimeType: No feeder for type "inode/directory" found
                              "/usr/bin/akonadi_nepomuk_feeder(2323)" Soprano: "Unsupported operation (2)": "Invalid model"
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::Connection::Connection() QThread(0x1bdd080)
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::Connection::Connection() QThread(0x7f4cb800f270)
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::Connection::Connection() QThread(0x7f4cb800b890)
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::Connection::Connection() QThread(0x7f4cb8012a70)
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::Connection::Connection() QThread(0x7f4cb80052f0)
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::Connection::Connection() QThread(0x1ba1eb0)
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::Connection::Connection() QThread(0x1a109d0)
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub(2139)" Soprano: "Invalid argument (1)": "Cannot set values for abstract property 'http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontol.../19/nie#url'."
                              [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] "/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub(2139)" Soprano: "Invalid argument (1)": "Cannot set values for abstract property 'http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontol.../19/nie#url'."
                              "/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub(2139)" Soprano: "Invalid argument (1)": "Cannot set values for abstract property 'http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontol.../19/nie#url'."
                              "/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub(2139)" Soprano: "Invalid argument (1)": "Cannot set values for abstract property 'http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontol.../19/nie#url'."
                              "/usr/bin/akonadi_nepomuk_feeder(2323)" Soprano: "Unsupported operation (2)": "Invalid model"
                              I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/dingo/.qalculate/eurofxref-daily.xml"
                              I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/dingo/.qalculate/eurofxref-daily.xml"
                              krunner(2141)/libplasma Plasma::Package::isValid: Could not find required file mainscript
                              akonadi_nepomuk_feeder(2323) FeederQueue::jobResult: "Cannot set values for abstract property 'http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontol.../19/nie#url'."
                              akonadi_nepomuk_feeder(2323) FeederQueue::jobResult: "Cannot set values for abstract property 'http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontol.../19/nie#url'."
                              "/usr/bin/kactivitymanagerd(2090)" Soprano: "Unsupported operation (2)": &quot

Comment

I haven't installed the beta PPA on my Lenovo yet. What version of KMix are you seeing?

Precise, running on my Acer, shows this:

steve@steve-aspire:~$ apt-cache policy kmix
                                kmix:
                                Installed: 4:4.7.95-0ubuntu1
                                Candidate: 4:4.7.95-0ubuntu1
                                Version table:
                                *** 4:4.7.95-0ubuntu1 0
                                500 http://mirror.anl.gov/ubuntu/ precise/main amd64 Packages
                                100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Comment

Working...
                                X