X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KDE 4.8 beta

Originally posted by blackpaw
    Originally posted by dequire
    Hi all! I just upgraded and it seems to have went rather well.
    Is that from:
    ppa:kubuntu-ppa/beta ?
    Yes indeed
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Thanks - try it out tonight!

Comment

I just upgraded and WOW!

Really like the animations in Dolphin and other areas. Only thing is the smooth tasks plasma addon is not working at the moment, but the performance and other benifits rather over shadow that point

Very nice upgrade!
        Joe

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxRocks
          I just upgraded and WOW!

Really like the animations in Dolphin and other areas. Only thing is the smooth tasks plasma add on is not working at the moment, but the performance and other benefits rather over shadow that point

Very nice upgrade!
          Joe
          LOL, quoting my own reply :-D

I just found out that they have integrated the icon-only task manager and its very similar to smooth-tasks. I think I like it better, actually

Joe

Comment

edit: never mind, fixed it (I think)

Comment

Hi !

it's works now very well, thanks

it's possible to make rc1 now ?
              regards !
              jajaX

ACER Aspire 8930G 904G50Bn under Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver (64 bits)

Comment

Is drag and drop in Dolphin broken for anyone else in the beta?

I have the Folders panel displayed. Drag a file, or files, from the main window to a folder in the panel, drop, but no menu asking if I want to move or copy.

Edit: I moved dolphinrc out of the way and let it create a new config file, but that didn't help.

Edit Edit: Known bug - https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=288766

Not clear if the fix will make it into a possible 4.7.95 or 4.8 final.

Comment

Something is severely screwed up with kmix too.

Comment

Something is severely screwed up with kmix too.
                    Yeah, I did notice this tonight trying to play a Steam based game with Crossover Games. For some reason, kmix will consume 200% cpu (Both my cores).

If I close all games, and log out, it seems to fix it, and it seems only to affect wine based games.

Joe

Comment

Code:
                      rm .kde/share/apps/kmix/kmixui.rc 
                      rm .kde/share/config/kmix*
                      has improved my kmix a lot, though I still have a crap looking horizontal slider when I click the notify area icon.

Comment

Code:
                        rm .kde/share/apps/kmix/kmixui.rc 
                        rm .kde/share/config/kmix*
                        has improved my kmix a lot, though I still have a crap looking horizontal slider when I click the notify area icon.
                        Have you tried veromix? I like it better, not sure if it works in this beta though ... my upgrade failed

I just upgraded and WOW!

Really like the animations in Dolphin and other areas. Only thing is the smooth tasks plasma add on is not working at the moment, but the performance and other benefits rather over shadow that point

Very nice upgrade!
                        Joe
                        LOL, quoting my own reply :-D

I just found out that they have integrated the icon-only task manager and its very similar to smooth-tasks. I think I like it better, actually

Joe
                        I had icon-tasks installed through another ppa .. now it is broken and hinder me from upgrading :S

Muon give this error
                        Code:
                        Package: /var/cache/apt/archives/plasma-widgets-addons_4%3a4.7.90-0ubuntu1~ppa1~oneiric1_amd64.deb
                        Error: trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/kde4/plasma_applet_icontasks.so', which is also in package plasma-widget-icon-tasks 0.9.2-0ubuntu0~gnumdk2
                        removing plasma_applet_icontasks.so didn't help, any suggestions ?

b.r

Jonas
                        ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
                        Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
                        Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
                        Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
                        - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
                        >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Installed veromix but it didn't show any slider at all, just a black slide out.

Comment

I rebooted and did dpkg fix and all upgraded/installed fine, not sure why. Hardware notifier seem broke though, trying to mount my external HD all the time.

Installed veromix but it didn't show any slider at all, just a black slide out.
                            Work fine here, some graphical glitches when moving the sliders.

b.r

Jonas
                            ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
                            Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
                            Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
                            Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
                            - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
                            >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

@jonas
                              icon tasks is now official part of kdeplasma-addons:
                              https://projects.kde.org/projects/kd...lets/icontasks
                              sigpic

Comment

A lot of 4.7.95 (a/k/a RC1) packages in the beta repo.

Comment

Working...
                                X