This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Solved) kfilebox not running?

I upgraded my system, and kfilebox was removed, so I went ahead and re-installed it following this: http://maketecheasier.com/install-an...ntu/2010/12/24 however when all was said and done, I run kfilebox, and nothing happens. I tried to look for errors, but don't see anything in the terminal. Any ideas? Thanks.

Shane
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Re: kfilebox not running?

Is nothing actually happening or is the status icon just not showing up? In a terminal try:

ps aus |grep filebox

and see if it's there.

Please Read Me

Comment

Re: kfilebox not running?

Ok, apparently it is running, but not showing up:
      Code:
      ps axs | grep kfilebox
       1000 2559 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000001000 00000001800104e8 Sl  ?     0:07 /usr/bin/kfilebox -session 10d8d3d6d0000131890318500000020120028_1318941996_796051
      I forgot about the ps command. When I tried the ps aus I got an error, conflicting format options, so I used axs instead. I don't know all the options, but somehow remembered x being one.

So apparently it is running, how can I get the icon to show??

Scratch that! Found it! I decided to check in the 'hidden' icons, and there it was! So this case is closed!

The whole panel looks smaller, and the hidden icons thing, actually seems to work better! I'm impressed.

Shane
      John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Comment

Re: (Solved) kfilebox not running?

See? It was a "feature" not a problem!

There you go...

Please Read Me

Comment

Re: (Solved) kfilebox not running?

All these niceties are almost too much for me! I may have to switch to a text based distro! Love the improvements.

Shane

Comment

Working...
          X