This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations!

Kubuntu 11.10 is simply superb. All KDE apps are working perfectly - as well as third-parties' -, the computer is very fast and demands little processing power, and I don't miss any functionality I need for my work and leisure.

My compliments to all devs who make this fantastic product.

Wait until you get your hands on 12.04 - it running even faster and just a stable and it's still in Beta!

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
      Wait until you get your hands on 12.04 - it running even faster and just a stable and it's still in Beta!
      +1.
      Kubuntu 12.04 is simply the best KDE experience bar none.
      Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
        Wow! Don't you think that 6 months is a too short time between Kubuntu releases? Once I have it running smoothly in my computer, it's already time to upgrade again... IMHO 1 year would suit better. (Of course I can upgrade once a year, but who resists? :-))

Comment

I agree. I skipped 11.10 and 10.10 before that. However, 12.04 is a LTS (Long Term Support) release that will be updated for the next 5 years. You should really consider upgrading to it when it's released near the end of April. I'm using the Beta release every day now and it's already faster and has less problems than 11.04 does. The only issue I'm having is some of the programs I use are not yet available for 12.04. I'm just going to tough it out until May!

My server is still running on 10.04 and I will likely wait until fall to upgrade it to 12.04 - if at all. There will likely be some kernel updates that I'll want to take advantage of so eventually, I'll have to upgrade.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by mmnogueira View Post
            Wow! Don't you think that 6 months is a too short time between Kubuntu releases? Once I have it running smoothly in my computer, it's already time to upgrade again... IMHO 1 year would suit better. (Of course I can upgrade once a year, but who resists? :-))
            +1 It get tedious to reinstall & tweak everything, over and over again, after every new release. Though these are sweet troubles ... KEEP 'EM COMING!
            Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

Comment

Working...
            X