X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thank You

Originally posted by vinnywright
    dont know if this is current and I haven't tested it .......but hear ya go .

http://maketecheasier.com/how-to-ins...ntu/2010/03/15

VINNY
    That package has been gone from the ppa for over a year.

Please Read Me

Comment

I got it to work a few minutes ago. I followed the instructions copied here in full:
      Ubuntu One Client

* Overview
      * Code
      * Bugs
      * Blueprints
      * Translations
      * Answers

How do I completely remove and reinstall the Ubuntu One client software?

1. Ubuntu One Client
      2. Questions
      3. FAQ #778

Created by Joshua Hoover on on 2009-10-26

Keywords:

Last updated by:
      Matt Griffin on on 2010-05-03

The following steps can be followed to completely remove the Ubuntu One client software, then reinstall, and test that the new install is working properly.

Before performing this process, check the Ubuntu One status page to ensure that sync problems are not related to known issues.
      https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOne/Status

REMOVING UBUNTU ONE CLIENT
      In order to completely remove the Ubuntu One client from your computer, please do the following (commands prefaced with $ are to be run in a terminal session, without the $ at the beginning):

1. Quit the Ubuntu One client
      2. $ sudo rm -rf ~/.local/share/ubuntuone
      3. $ rm -rf ~/.cache/ubuntuone
      4. $ rm -rf ~/.config/ubuntuone
      5. $ mv ~/Ubuntu\ One/ ~/Ubuntu\ One_old/
      6. Open Applications->Accessories->Passwords and Encryption Keys, go to the Passwords tab, delete the Ubuntu One token
      7. $ sudo apt-get purge ubuntuone-client* python-ubuntuone-storage*

----

REINSTALLING UBUNTU ONE CLIENT
      And to reinstall the Ubuntu One client software, continue by following these steps:

8. $ sudo apt-get install ubuntuone-client* python-ubuntuone-storage*
      9. Open Applications->Internet->Ubuntu One (or System->Preferences->Ubuntu One if you're on a newer version of Ubuntu One) and you should have to add your computer via the web page that comes up once you login to Ubuntu One

----

TESTING THE NEW UBUNTU ONE CLIENT INSTALL
      And, finally, to ensure your account is working properly, do the following:

10. Put a small text file in the newly created ~/Ubuntu One/ directory and make sure that syncs correctly, if not, please report a bug by right-clicking on the Ubuntu One client and selecting "Report a Problem"
      11. If all goes well this far, move the files and folders from ~/Ubuntu One_old/ to ~/Ubuntu One/ and the sync should happen
      Afterward, when I open the UbuntuOne client, it doesn't show my name and email on the first tab. When I click on the "device" tab all the data pops in, and the connection shows as still connected.

P.S. -- When the UbuntuOne connects it uses Konqueror to open your registered UbuntuOne account.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by charles052
        Wait, I thought MS wanted to be friends with Linux? Funny way of showing it.
        Home Edition don't need no NFS support. Who in the world would ever run a Unix-based file server in their house :P

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley
          Originally posted by charles052
          Wait, I thought MS wanted to be friends with Linux? Funny way of showing it.
          Home Edition don't need no NFS support. Who in the world would ever run a Unix-based file server in their house :P
          ....me ........I run a NFS server on the box in the spare room that gives me acsess to my music/video/picks from the living room box's in real time (no DLing first to watch/listen).

but no windows hear :P

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

In my closet data center, nestled amongst the modem and router and switch and cables, lurks an HP MediaSmart Server EX475. Got one the day it came out at the employee-only price of $300. It's been humming along nicely for many years, although it really cranks out the heat. I'm so eager to try building up a Ubuntu server on that thing!

Comment

Nice looking unit. My server case cost almost that much!

I got Ubuntu Server LAMP and a few other add-ons up in less than a few hours.

Love it...

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
              X