Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kubuntu thinks I have two monitors when I only have one.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu thinks I have two monitors when I only have one.

After upgrading to 11.10, it says I have an LVDS1 connection running at 1024x768 along with my regular CRT running 1280x1024. It shows the CRT as the second monitor and it is set to be a clone of LVDS1. Things that should pop up in the lower right corner end up in the middle of my CRT because that is the lower right corner of the lower resolution primary display. This is a Foxcon desktop system not a laptop and there is no LVDS display connected. How can I turn off this display connection? It was fine with 10.10 before the upgrade.

Re: Kubuntu thinks I have two monitors when I only have one.

have you tryed system settings>display&monitor ?

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I have this issue on one of my computers that has a built-in LVDS connector.

Try this in a terminal:

xrandr --output LVDS --off

If this works, you can put the command into /etc/X11/Xsettings or somewhere to make it happen at each log in.

Alternately, if you're using an xorg.conf file you can define it in there.

Please Read Me

Comment

Yes, the xrandr command worked. Then going back to the System Settings - Display and Monitor, it showed the LVDS1 diaplay as "disabled" in the "size" box. Now I realize that by clicking on the size drop down box, one of the selections is "disabled." I just didn't think to go to the "size" selection to disable the display.
        Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X