Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lenovo ydeapad 570, no wireless, ashamed of kubuntu...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lenovo ydeapad 570, no wireless, ashamed of kubuntu...

I cant connect to my wireles. How do you expect people to change from windows or mac to linux if drivers dont work?

Well, you could start by giving us more... or at least any details about your setup...

What wireless chipset (lspci | grep -i network) do you have?
    What do you mean by "cannot connect"? No wireless adaptor showing up? Can you see wireless networks but cannot connect to them? Anything?

Comment

Come on James147, you don't actually expect us to do any our own work for a free OS do you? How silly...

Seriously, in my experience you should just pass over posts like these. The OP has not complied with any of the forums rules or put one ounce of effort into the issue except to go through the registration and post a meaningless complaint. The OP isn't really seeking help, just hoping to start a flame war. If I were a mod, I'd notify the poster of the violation and delete the post. Of course, it's your time... I wish you the best.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by asdfchanta View Post
        I cant connect to my wireles. How do you expect people to change from windows or mac to linux if drivers dont work?
        You assume too much. Some vendor's hardware doesn't play well with Linux. Lenovo's hardware mostly does, but some don't. Your's is one. Here is a Linux Mint thread with some hints that *may* help:
        http://forum.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=75915
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X