This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't access newly installed hard drive

First of all, I'm using Kubuntu 11.10 64 bit, my Grub version is .097-29ubuntu64. I'm fairly new to Linux and this is the first time I've installed a drive, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Put the drive in, (it's an additional drive) went into the partition manage, deleted the old partitions (it's a used drive) put in a new partition, using the entire drive. The drive shows up in Dolphiin, but when I try to write to it I get an 'access denied' error, and it says the drive does not exist. I've went into System Settings, User Management and made sure 'root' is one of my secondary groups. I'm at a stand still at this point. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Dave

Unless you left out a few steps in your explanation, you didn't mention file system creation (formatting) so you might not have done that.

Anyway, open a terminal and type this command and post the output: sudo blkid -o list

Drive usage involves these steps:

partitioning
    formatting (file system creation)
    mounting

Mounting includes mounting in such a way that the file system can be accessed the way you desire.
    Provide some information about how you plan on using this drive and we'll give you some more help.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
    X