Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turn off window maximize at top of screen?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Turn off window maximize at top of screen?

It could of course be a bug in kde that has been fixed (like snowhog hinted), doesn't appear to be a user config issue since it manifests itself with a new user as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      DYK@

What version of KDE are you running?
      Code:
      $ kde4-config -v
      Qt: 4.7.2
      KDE Development Platform: 4.6.5 (4.6.5)
      kde4-config: 1.0
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

KDE 4.7.2

You may want to consider upgrading to KDE 4.7.3:
        Users of 11.04 can install it from the Kubuntu Backports PPA.

To update, use the Software Repository Guide to add the following repository to your software sources list:

ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports
        Your call of course, but it just might fix this problem. I had no problems with 4.7.3, and in 11.10, have no problems with 4.7.4.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks, Snowhog. As I've said, I'm notoriously slow about upgrading anything, so it's extremely unlikely I'll bother with upgrading KDE at this point. This stupid "feature" that annoys me isn't worth the bother!
          Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

KDE 4.7.2
            qt 4.7.2 ... kde 4.6.5

Comment

hehe. To each their own.

As the last KDE 4.7 series is now 4.7.4 (the next official release is going to be 4.8 in Precise), the 4.7.3 release is stable (at least, it was for me). Few actual 'new' features are introduced in each point release, instead, being mostly bug fixes and 'minor' improvements.

At some point, if you stick with 11.04, you should give serious consideration to upgrading KDE.

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle
                KDE 4.7.2
                qt 4.7.2 ... kde 4.6.5
                Yeah, just noticed that too. So is DYK actually running KDE 4.6.5!?

Comment

I didn't notice it either. Chalk it up to too little coffee. (I'm now almost done with my second cup, so things are looking up.) Yes, I'm really running KDE 4.6.5.

If I can work up the enthusiasm to go try one of the other computers, I'll see if they behave the same as this one. However...I don't think I've upgraded any of them to 11.04. I know that when I did, via the version upgrade, on my old laptop (after I got the new one), it had a PLETHORA of problems, so I manually downgraded it back to 10.10. (That's the same laptop that wasn't up to even getting to an 'install' option when I tried to install Fedora 16 on it.) So I don't think I have anything besides THIS laptop running K > 10.10, but I'll have to check.

Comment

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu
                    So I don't think I have anything besides THIS laptop running K > 10.10, but I'll have to check.
                    10.10? But this entire thread is in 11.04? I'm confused.

Comment

So I don't think I have anything besides THIS laptop running K > 10.10, but I'll have to check.
                      DYK isn't the OP, the OP is likely running 11.04

Comment

Well, I said I was confused.

How can DYK have qt at 4.7.2 but be running KDE at 4.6.5?

Comment

How can DYK have qt at 4.7.2 but be running KDE at 4.6.5?
                          qt and kde release numbers aren't in sync (they are currently pretty close though). qt 4.7.2 was released in March 2011, while kde 4.6.5 was released in July 2011

Comment

Okay, let's straighten out the confusion: Yes, I AM running 11.04 on THIS laptop (i.e., the computer I use all the time), but I don't think I've upgraded any of my OTHER computers to anything > 10.10. I had done the version upgrade to 11.04 on my OLD laptop, but downgraded it back to 10.10 after its plethora of problems. Better, Snowhog?

Comment

Better, Snowhog?
                              hehe. I'll blame it on my new glasses.

Comment

Sounds good to me, Snowhog! You blame it on your new glasses, I blame everything on, A) lack of sufficient coffee or, B) chronic post-craniotomy brain fog.

Comment

Working...
                                X