This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multi seat help

hi im havin trouble multi seating with kubuntu 11.04.
    ive set up my xorg config properly like the ubuntu support tells you, and i have edited my kdmrc to match what it said.

the problem is when i go to login its setup on my main computer for multi seating but it doesn't work on my tv for multi seating. the tv just remains off with no signal. in the xorg.conf i have a seperate serverlayout section for each display but i can only get linux to turn the tv on by setting the one serverlayout to have both screens in that section.

all i want to do is run boxee on my tv with a boxee remote while still being able to use my desktop for gaming.

i have a nvidia geforce 9800 and the monitor is on the dvi slot and the tv is using the anolog output.
    i have 4gigs of ram and a quad core processor so it should run this no problem.

does ubuntu support multi seating with just one graphics card?
    does multi seating run smoother video then Xephyr does? (i ran boxee in an xnested server and it doesn't perform well)

if there is no way to do this is there a way to for boxee to open up on one screen and then bind the remote to it?

thanks for the help

Re: multi seat help

does ubuntu support multi seating with just one graphics card?
    AKAIK: no

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
    X