This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't see packages in KPackageKit

My laptop went sour on my and I had to reinstall kubuntu 11.04. When I brought it back up and tried to reload package that I normally use,
    KPacketKit did not display the packages. For example, I could not find 'tcsh'. I'm guessing it is not configured correctly, but I normally use Adept and I'm not familiar with kpackage kit.

Can someone tell me how I get get K Packge Kit working?

Thanks in advance.

Jim Anderson

Re: I can't see packages in KPackageKit

tcsh does show up when I look for it in KPackageKit.
    For a better experience I suggest you install Adept or Muon.

Comment

The trouble is that I can't install adept unless I can download it using K Package Kit.

If anyone else sees this, please consider this closed. I'm going to download
      Kubutuntu 11.10 and install it.

Jim Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by jjanderson5
        The trouble is that I can't install adept unless I can download it using K Package Kit.

If anyone else sees this, please consider this closed. I'm going to download
        Kubutuntu 11.10 and install it.

Jim Anderson
        Ok, but you could have installed adept by running sudo apt-get install adept in a terminal window. Note that KPackageKit has now been removed from the Oneiric repositories, Muon is its replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulW2U
          Note that KPackageKit has now been removed from the Oneiric repositories, Muon is its replacement.
          That's too bad...I find both programs to be useful. Muon provides much-needed Synaptic-like capabilities, and indeed, I use that more often. However, KPackageKit's graphical dependency display is very useful -- at a glance you can see not only what a packages dependencies are, but also whether they're already installed; see the screenshot. I like that feature.

Comment

I agree Steve. Frankly I don't like Muon and will likely have to go back to installing Synaptic when I upgrade beyond 11.04. It simply broke my system too often and doesn't have a sufficiently informative display for my taste.

Too bad the KDE dev's decided to not give us a choice.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
            X