This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I make a custom menu?

I currently have the (useful) tools included in Back|Track installed to my Natty box. Instead of having to open a terminal and navigate to the directory and do a "./foo" for each time I want to use something, I want to build a menu for it instead. I've tried many different combinations, but for the most part - they all result the same way. I navigate to the program in the menu I just created, it opens a terminal and asks for password, and then closes immediately. I've tried with a few different programs thinking maybe just aircrack-ng or skipfish couldn't handle it. Where am I going wrong? How do I keep the terminal open? I've included screenshots as attachments so you can see how I tried to do it. The "run in terminal" dialog is check-marked, but what else am I missing?
    Attached Files
    You like Linux and/or security(hacking)? I've got a site for that! [meeb0@terminallyuncretive ~] $

Re: How can I make a custom menu?

Bumpidy bump bump bump. C'mon Kubuntu community, someone's gotta be able to tell me how to make a menu that functions. Still all I'm getting is the terminal opening, asking for pw, then closing. Bump bump bump please I can't find the answer for this anywhere!
    You like Linux and/or security(hacking)? I've got a site for that! [meeb0@terminallyuncretive ~] $

Comment

I sounds like to me your trying to use a graphical menu to run a program without a graphical interface.

If that assumption is right, try

konsole --hold -e skipfish

that should open konsole, launch skipfish, and the --hold (or --noclose) option should keep the window open. From my memory, is doesn't allow you any input after launching.

http://docs.kde.org/development/en/k...e-options.html

Please Read Me

Comment

Thanks, I got this same exact answer from someone else as well - I'm going to try that.

Comment

I've tried many variations of everything and I'm still getting random hangs and errors. I'm about to Download Back|Track and/or SECmic to see how they do their KDE menus for CLI apps. More interested in the way SECmic does it because it's on a more recent version of Kubuntu and they have a separate pentest menu on the bottom panel.

Comment

Originally posted by meeb0
            I currently have the (useful) tools included in Back|Track installed to my Natty box. Instead of having to open a terminal and navigate to the directory and do a "./foo" for each time I want to use something, I want to build a menu for it instead. I've tried many different combinations, but for the most part - they all result the same way. I navigate to the program in the menu I just created, it opens a terminal and asks for password, and then closes immediately. I've tried with a few different programs thinking maybe just aircrack-ng or skipfish couldn't handle it. Where am I going wrong? How do I keep the terminal open? I've included screenshots as attachments so you can see how I tried to do it. The "run in terminal" dialog is check-marked, but what else am I missing?
            Perhaps this is nosense, but can you try to add & at the end of the line? So you will have
            su -c "cd /pentest/skipfish-2.03b/ ;./skipfish &"

Comment

Working...
            X