X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: unity on natty..anyone?

Originally posted by jtarin
    Originally posted by GreyGeek
    (The older I get the less putzing around I want to do! )
    At 70 you begin to see lights at the end of some tunnels and darkness at the end of others.
    I'm close to your time in life and I say you haven't putzed until you've gone Slackware or LFS.
    To heck with the programming build some Linux boxes...... for others.
    I started Linux From Scratch about 5 years ago, but decided I wasn't smart enough any more and had better things to spend my time on ... specifically, I restore/repair/rebuild laptops and install Linux on them. Then I give them to folks who can't afford a new computer loaded with Windows. I am closing in on a couple dozen computers I've put Linux on and continue to support. A couple several hundred miles away and I support them using the "Share your screen" option in Skype. BUT, Microsoft just bought Skype so I suspect that support for Linux will evaporate. I'm working up a protocol to install NX (client, node, server) on their computers and use either Blink or Ekiga to communicate.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Re: unity on natty..anyone?

GG. I was never able to get the smarts to attempt a laptop, I just did towers.... you smarty pants you!!

As to Linux from scratch, I couldn't even get TO scratch....let alone anything past that!!

woodsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
      X