X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login via Fingerprint

Hi there,
    another question from me. Is there any software for supporting fingerprint scans in KDE? And is it also working on the login screen?

Cheers

Re: Login via Fingerprint

I can't answer your question, but I'm going to follow this thread because my new laptop has a fingerprint reader and I'm curious about it, too. (Not curious enough to seek answers, but enough to follow a thread about it!)
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

I have a Toshiba Tecra with an SGS Thomson Fingerprint Reader (do lsusb to find out)
      This is supported by a driver from upek.com and they have a Linux driver:
      http://www.upek.com/support/customer...sp?ID_Topic=14
      I found out their support is very good and personal but I never got the thing working beyond the Bios log in.
      On this multi-boot machine it's set up with one finger for Vista and another for XP, either finger allows log in on the Linux partitions.

Comment

Hey, wouldn't it be cool if grub could read your fingerprint, boot your preferred OS and log you into your favorite desktop?

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr
          Hey, wouldn't it be cool if grub could read your fingerprint, boot your preferred OS and log you into your favorite desktop?
          Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

There are a couple of fingerprint projects out there, but many are abandoned becuase the fingerprint readers are too easily hacked.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
            X