This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot mount networked drive: "Unable to find suitable address."

I just installed [via the version upgrade option] 11.04 on my [now old] laptop, an HP dv6000. I am no longer able to mount its drive on my other computers. I CAN, however, mount my other computers' drives on it.

I can connect to it from my other computers via KRFB/KRDC.

I've gone over...and over all of its settings and everything looks perfectly normal, but when trying to mount its drive, whether via fstab or command line I get:

Code:
    Unable to find suitable address.
    Here's the manual command that fails:

Code:
    mount -t cifs //192.168.2.105/laptopAll -o username=USERNAME,password=PASSWORD,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 /mnt/hplaptop
    here's its fstab entry [on my new laptop, also running 11.04]:

Code:
    //192.168.2.105/laptopAll /mnt/hplaptop cifs rw,username=USERNAME,password=PASSWORD,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770,auto 0 0
    and here's the pertinent info from its smb.conf:

Code:
    [laptopAll] --> EDITED to add this line I omitted when copying/pasting from smb.conf
    path = /
    available = yes
    browseable = yes
    writable = yes
    valid users = USERNAME, root
    Any thoughts on what I'm missing?
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Re: Cannot mount networked drive: "Unable to find suitable address."

you're trying to mount / (as in your smb.conf) or /laptopAll (as in your fstab) ?

Please Read Me

Comment

Re: Cannot mount networked drive: "Unable to find suitable address."

Originally posted by oshunluvr
      you're trying to mount / (as in your smb.conf) or /laptopAll (as in your fstab) ?
      Both. "laptopAll" refers to "/" on that laptop, as I defined in shares-admin.
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
      X