This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mount actions for an audio CD

Not sure why it does not work for you when it does for me.
    I never used the 'root'option either. I shall go through the process I took and post it later, perhaps there is something I'm doing that you are not or vice versa.
    Kubuntu 15.10

Comment

The system wide solid device actions can be found in /usr/share/kde4/apps/solid/actions/

These are the actions that come with packages (k3b-data etc.). I wouldn't recommend editing these directly (as package upgrades will eventually undo your changes). You can copy the files you wish to edit to ~/.kde/share/apps/solid/actions/ (that is in your users home directory) and modify as you wish (rename file and change icon, command, name etc. by editing the .desktop file with a text editor). Of course you can also create a copy in /usr/share/kde4/apps/solid/actions/ if you want the actions to be system wide (and not user specific)

~/.kde/share/apps/solid/actions/ is also the place where the systemsettings module will put the desktop files for the actions you add using the module. And if you start systemsetting with kdesudo, the desktop files are added to /root/.kde/share/apps/solid/actions/ (which means they are only shown for root).

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle
        The system wide solid device actions can be found in /usr/share/kde4/apps/solid/actions/

These are the actions that come with packages (k3b-data etc.). I wouldn't recommend editing these directly (as package upgrades will eventually undo your changes). You can copy the files you wish to edit to ~/.kde/share/apps/solid/actions/ (that is in your users home directory) and modify as you wish (rename file and change icon, command, name etc. by editing the .desktop file with a text editor). Of course you can also create a copy in /usr/share/kde4/apps/solid/actions/ if you want the actions to be system wide (and not user specific)

~/.kde/share/apps/solid/actions/ is also the place where the systemsettings module will put the desktop files for the actions you add using the module. And if you start systemsetting with kdesudo, the desktop files are added to /root/.kde/share/apps/solid/actions/ (which means they are only shown for root).

I used the 'systemsetings module' if by that you mean 'System Setings' > 'Device Actions'.

Then selected '+ Add' at the bottom of the window.

In the window that pops up I put 'Play Audio CD with Audacious' as the 'Action Name.'

Then copied the command to run Audacious from the Kmenu (right click Kmenu > Edit Applications.)

For the 'Edit Parameter' settings I copied the same settings as for the Amarok entry.

Paremter type - Property Match
        Device type - Optical Disc
        Value name - Available Content
        For the 4th drop down option I selected 'Contains' and 'Audio'.

Then I selected 'Save Parameter Changes' and 'OK'.

I found that I had to restart my laptop for the settings to take effect.

As Kubicle states the entries I added can be found in: ~/.kde/share/apps/solid/actions/

I did the same for K3b, but called the Action Name 'RIP Audio CD with K3b'.

I presume you did exactly the same, so I don't know why it didn't work for you. If you didn't then maybe this will help.
        Kubuntu 15.10

Comment

I was having the same problem as OP, and then I tried what seemed to be the magic bullet:
          1) Make sure the Audio CD is in the drive.
          2) Right-click Device Notifier and select "Device Notifier Settings".
          3) Select "Automounting" and check both Automount boxes for "CD-ROM" under Device Overrides.
          4) Click OK.

After doing this, my custom Audio CD actions finally worked, although the remaining built-in options still don't (extract with K3B, etc.). I didn't even have to reboot or anything.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
          X