X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

low performance on Intel GMA945

Hi,

I've HP nx7400 laptop with 2GB RAM, C2D 7200@2Ghz, Intel GMA945 graphics.

I've problems with poor graphics performance in Kubuntu v11.04. In the previous Kubuntu version (10.04) it worked better.
    After login I get notification message that desktop effects has been turned off due to poor performance.

Another problem occurs when I connect my laptop with my Full-HD TV LCD (Samsung 40") via D-Sub port.
    I don't have full list of resolutions available. Maximum res is 1024x768. In Kubuntu 10.04 I had at least HD-Ready res available (1366x768).

What could be the problem? Any hints how to make it works better?

Thanks in advance

Re: low performance on Intel GMA945

there are some issues w/ the blur effect in kwin and teh intel driver (basicly intel changed a responce the driver gives) . so you might be able to get your effects working correctly if you disable the blur effect then reenable the effects.i have a intel 945GME in my netbook. if i turn on blur the machine has issues drawing the effect and it will pretty much choke the system to the point of utter fustration.

For you resolution issue, i can't really help. one guess is this could be related to driver changes in the intel driver. i have not tried to use my netbook w/ an external monitor for a long time but last time i did i was able to set my tv to the max res of the tv (what ever 1080 vertical is). since this is not the GMA but the GME version that might not be affected the same way.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Re: low performance on Intel GMA945

I've had success using the newer x-swat drivers.

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/x-updates

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
      X