Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel HD Slow (Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel HD Slow (Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics)

Hi everyone.

I have installed Kubuntu Natty (11.04) today, and the KDE Effects in my V130 i3 is very slow.

Any fix?

Thank you!

Re: Intel HD Slow (Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics)

OpenGL vendor string: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
    OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ironlake Mobile GEM 20100330 DEVELOPMENT x86/MMX/SSE2
    OpenGL version string: 1.4 (2.1 Mesa 7.10.2)

Comment

This should help:

1) Disable blur effect in System settings>Desktop effects>All effects

2) Press Alt+F2 and type oxygen-settings. Then go to "animations" tab and uncheck "enable animations". Also under "Window decorations" uncheck "enable animations".

3) System settings>Desktop effects>Advanced tab under "scale method" choose "crisp".

4) Go to System Settings>Desktop effects>Advaced and uncheck "Use Vsync".

Cheers
      Plasma 5 look&feel for KDE4: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=166438

Comment

Thank you, but still isnt smooth. I can see FPS going down to 20 in glxgears when I maximize, minimize windows.

Comment

Maybe your kwin config file got corrupted. You can delete it (in ~/.kde/share/config/ kwinrc) and then alt+f2 and type "kwin --replace" and you will be back to default kwin settings. I am on an ati card and effects are smooth here (with few of my "tricks" I wrote you above 8) ).
          Plasma 5 look&feel for KDE4: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=166438

Comment

Two points:

1. glxgears is not intended as a speed check, if you want to benchmark use gtkperf.

2. Intel drivers and hardware are not up to ati or nvidia speeds so you'll never get that level of performance.

Try these ppa's to get better intel drivers:

stable> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/x-updates
            testing> https://launchpad.net/~intel-gfx-testing/+archive/ppa

Please Read Me

Comment

Ok, i will not get the Nvidia and ATI performance, but with older intel cards and older versions of Kubuntu i have very better perfomance, smooth animations. I will try these drivers.

Thank you!!

Comment

No changes.

Comment

What type of ram and how much of it do you have? I have Intel Mobile Integrated graphics too. With 1 gig of ram they ran okay but not great. I upgraded to 2 gig DDR2 ram and everything+graphics run better. The problem is that having Integrated graphics means you have no actual graphics card. All the processing is done by the CPU and all video ram is stored in the actual ram. The amount of video ram you have is based on how much ram you have btw (I went from 251mb to 386mb). You could also try changing under advanced settings, switching it from Texture from Pixmap to Shared Memory (if you get really bad graphic flaws (you'll know what I mean if it happens) then wait 15 seconds and it will reset on it's own. Also, disable Direct Rendering. Direct Rendering is WAY slower than without it. If it says something about not being able to activate desktop effects and to check your X configuration, delete the file Kwinrc as mentioned above, and restart.

Comment

Personally: What I really like about kde4 is the kwin effects and I've never been satisfied with the results on my Intel graphic based machines. I usually end up using a different desktop.

Currently my fav is Enlightenment via Bodhi Linux. Desktop effects with even the lightest configured machine.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                    X