This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Dolphin as superuser above Dolphin

In other distros such as Mepis, there is a Dolphin as superuser option above Dolphin which takes you right there rather than having to enter gksudo dolphin in the command line. This would be very helpful, especially for those who only know point and click. There is a huge migration going on from Windows/Mac to Kubuntu and many of them are not familiar with the command line.

Re: Need Dolphin as superuser above Dolphin

Currently, you could make a duplicate Dolphin menu item that has "kdesudo" in the execute line or install Root Actions Service Menus from Rog131's ppa (my preferred choice).

Please Read Me

Comment

Dolphin > Settings > Configure Dolphin > Services > Download New Services > Get Hot New Stuff

[img width=400 height=233]http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/4292/ghns.png[/img]

The PPA for Rog131 is unmaintained and waiting removal.
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Originally posted by Rog131

The PPA for Rog131 is unmaintained and waiting removal.
        ??.........your PPA is coming down @Rog131 ?

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Note that kubicle states: ****EXPERIMENTAL. Installation via Dolphin in KDE SC 4 is for testing only at this point.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

That root-actions-service-menu script has been around for quite a while and is very stable. Actually, it's awesome - I couldn't get along real well without it.
            ​"Keep it between the ditches"
            K*Digest Blog
            K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

It's one of the first things I install after installing a new version of Kubuntu. My comment was not about the service-menu, but the warning that kubicle has concerning installing it via Dolphin's Download New Services > Get Hot New Stuff cited by Rog131. I'd like to here kubicle's comments on installing it that way. Of course, that might be a mute as soon as Rog131's PPA goes off-line, and that becomes the only way to get/install it.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
              X