This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subtitles in FFmpeg

Hello all, I've been looking everywhere and can't seem to get any answers on this. I have an .ogm file that I would like to convert which is easy but it also has a subtitle stream that I want in the converted file and I can't seem to get it copied right. -scodec copy works but when I play the output file in VLC the subtitle track appears to be there but no subs. I've tried just converting the sub stream in ass format but get this error "Decoder (codec text) not found for input stream #0:3". Been working on this for days now and not having much luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    AMD PhenomII X2 550 CPU - Asus M4A88TD-Evo - Nvidia GT640 - 4G 1333 ram - Kubuntu 13.04 - KDE 4.10.5 amd64

More detail would be helpful, like the whole command you're using. I assume when you said the subtitle appears to be available in VLC you mean it's select-able from the Videos> Subtitles dialog but nothing appears on the screen??

Have you tried using Handbrake or mencoder?

Please Read Me

Comment

yes, sorry for the lack of info but yeah the option in VLC is there, just no subs. I did figure out that only certain container types are compatible with each other so going from OGM to MKV did work with the subs in tact. Guess it's just trial and error with that stuff , I just think it's a compatibility issue with the containers. Thank you for your reply. I still like FFmpeg as I have tried the others and still think it works better for me so i'll keep at it.
      AMD PhenomII X2 550 CPU - Asus M4A88TD-Evo - Nvidia GT640 - 4G 1333 ram - Kubuntu 13.04 - KDE 4.10.5 amd64

Comment

http://www.webupd8.org/2012/02/vlsub...earch-and.html

HTH
        Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

Working...
        X