This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm ready to get flamed :D

I just want to say.... I have the best looking desktop! I came to KDE for 1 reason and 1 reason only, because it is Beautiful! I don't like to boast, but if you're DE looked as good as mine, you would understand where I inherit my bragging rights. Ok, that's all I wanted to say.

http://tinypic.com/r/lgx81/7

*Update*
    My desktop now looks much cooler, http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3861/snapshot1gq.png Make sure to click the image to get full Res Coolness.

Re: I'm ready to get flamed

Well, post a picture so we can flame you properly!

Please Read Me

Comment

I also think KDE is beautiful but certainly not the reason I chose it.

This is how important looks are in my choice of DE:

Looks: < -- >
      Other stuff: < ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >

Comment

Originally posted by x-shaney-x
        I also think KDE is beautiful but certainly not the reason I chose it.

This is how important looks are in my choice of DE:

Looks: < -- >
        Other stuff: < ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >
        I love the way DE's look. I initially built this machine to be a Windows gaming comp, so i want to use my graphics to their full potential. Don't get me wrong, I care about functionality the same, if not more than the way things look, but if you got a pretty penny invested, why not go the extra mile to make is look super nice.

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr
          Well, post a picture so we can flame you properly!
          Just uploaded an image of my beautiful DE. Quality isn't that great, but I'm sure you will be jealous even with low res

Comment

I like it! Only thing I would change is I'm really getting to like the Lancelot menu.

I'm still searching for the perfect desktop images. I use four 2560x1024 desktops and I want a panoramic image so when I rotate the desktop follows itself...

Please Read Me

Comment

@Eric KDE

OK wears the pick I cant find it?

VINNY
              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

oops ok you edited the first post .............yes that looks great

VINNY
                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                16GB RAM
                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr
                  I like it! Only thing I would change is I'm really getting to like the Lancelot menu.

I'm still searching for the perfect desktop images. I use four 2560x1024 desktops and I want a panoramic image so when I rotate the desktop follows itself...
                  I just finished looking up the Lancelot menu and boy does it look pretty. Since I find it rather nice (thanks to you), I now have to install it and try it out My next task is to figure out how to go about doing that. I presume KPackageKit?

@ Vinny - It's awesome isn't it?

Comment

I personally don't use KPackagekit for anything. Open a console and type:
                    Code:
                    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install plasma-widget-lancelot
                    After it's installed, right-click on the Panel, choose Panel Options > Add Widgets... and search on Lancelot and then double-click on Lancelot Launcher. By default, it appears as a 'K Menu' icon. Right-click on it and select Lancelot Launcher Settings and under Choose Icon click on Custom and type lancelot, click on the icon and then click on OK.
                    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

If I knew how to use the Terminal for everything, I would. I like when people walk in my room and they see the Terminal open and ask me what that it because it looks like a programming window. I just tell them, "Oh, this is Linux, advanced stuff." Then I give them the *SNIFF* to end the geekiness

@Snowhog - Thanks for info once again, always appreciated.

Comment

Hi Eric...

I would have to agree, that's pretty sharp!

Regards...
                        Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves and cares about you most of all! http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/
                        How do I know this personally? Please read here: https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...hn-8-12-36442/
                        PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST! You don't have to end up here: https://soulchoiceministries.org/pod...i-see-in-hell/

Comment

Originally posted by ardvark71
                          Hi Eric...

I would have to agree, that's pretty sharp!

Regards...
                          Thanks Ardvark! I care so much about the way things look in KDE for some reason. I'm sure yours is as cool as mine!

Comment

Looks good, and you have done a fine job of design.

Don't take my comments as negative, but it's awfully dark and way too busy -- for my taste.

But what you have done is built a great example of a DE that presents everything that you may be working over time and have arrayed it very effectively to allow rapid selection of each specific task.

To my eye, not pretty, but very effective and probably efficient for the way you work.

I'm of the minimalist school; nothing takes up real estate except the immediate task. No distractions. I usually have a fair amount of things open at any given moment, but whatever does not need my attention right now is waiting and minimized.
                            The next brick house on the left
                            Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490
                              Looks good, and you have done a fine job of design.

Don't take my comments as negative, but it's awfully dark and way too busy -- for my taste.

But what you have done is built a great example of a DE that presents everything that you may be working over time and have arrayed it very effectively to allow rapid selection of each specific task.

To my eye, not pretty, but very effective and probably efficient for the way you work.

I'm of the minimalist school; nothing takes up real estate except the immediate task. No distractions. I usually have a fair amount of things open at any given moment, but whatever does not need my attention right now is waiting and minimized.
                              Thanks for the feedback. I opened up a few windows just to show the icon's I was using. I also dislike a cluttered workspace. If I have a task I have to have everything else closed. feel free to post you're DE snapshot

Comment

Working...
                              X