This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to upgrad or not to upgrade ?

OK guy's & gals ...... I knead some opinions .........as of now I'm ruining 10.04 with KDE-4.5.3 (a ver higher than 10.10 I think) and this system has been net upgraded through every ver. sense 9.04 I think or mabey even 8.10 and the net upgrade has worked each time just fine. (or so I think)

I like staying current but I'd really hate to Bork this thing as I have SOOO many programs installed and at my disposal that's 2,511 packages as reported by muon and synaptic .

I do have a spar HD in the box that currently has 10.04 Ubuntu on it ......but then I half to start rebuilding my system back up to what I possess now.

SO what do you all think I should do ..........leave my 10.04-LTS high bread alone and install on the spare and start building it up again................. or bite the bullet and hit the distribution upgrade button and pace the floor until it finishes

VINNY

i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Re: to upgrad or not to upgrade ?

WELL this is a bugger I wint to install to the spare drive after reinstaling grub to my mane system from my mane system (grub 0.95) I like the old one .

and my Kubuntu 10.10 USB doesn't have and option to NOT install grub .......WTF
    > sorry for the cursing but dang who thought that would be a good idea

I like that the install bootloader option is no longer hidden but no option not to install it..........that's nuts

mad at the world

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I have had lots of trouble with the 10.10 installer properly detecting my hard drive partitions. I am waiting for a new iso with a ubiquity update or 10.04.

Color me 10.04.1 + kde 4.5.3

Please Read Me

Comment

I always prefer a stable base from which to operate, so I am staying with the 10.04 LTS until it expires. Meanwhile, I install Kubuntu upgrades and other distros as guests OSs under VBox.

IF it ain't broke don't fix it!
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X