This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] No upgrade option in Lucid

Software updates offers me no distribution upgrade option, so I can't switch from Lucid to Maverick.

I've enabled the "Normal Releases" in Software Sources > Updates, and done a complete dist-upgrade to bring all of my packages up to date, but no dice. I also tried disabling all of my ppas (though I haven't actually removed ppa packages), and unsurprisingly no change there either.

I've been using the ppa-backports of KDE 4.5.1 - do they need to be removed for the upgrade to be possible?

Any insight at all very welcome.

Re: No upgrade option in Lucid

Software Sources > Updates > Ubuntu updates (check them all)
    Software Sources > Updates > Release upgrade (select Normal Releases)
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Software Sources > Updates > Ubuntu updates (check them all)
      Software Sources > Updates > Release upgrade (select Normal Releases)
      Thanks, no change alas.

All of the "Kubuntu Updates" were already checked, and I'd set Release upgrade to "Normal Releases".

Comment

What about "Upgrade Notifications" under Notifications in System Settings > Look and Feel?

Please Read Me

Comment

After making sure you have followed ALL the steps found in
          https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ma...grades/Kubuntu
          the following command should start the upgrade if there still isn't an option in the gui for it.

kdesudo "do-release-upgrade -m desktop -f kde -d"

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh
            the following command should start the upgrade if there still isn't an option in the gui for it.

Thanks for the suggestion. This is all I get in response though (when the command is put in a terminal):

Code:
            Checking for a new ubuntu release
            No new release found
            @oshunluvr: The upgrade notifications are all set.

This is starting to wreck my head.

Comment

I doubt that it matters, but what Server are you pointed to: Software Sources > Ubuntu Software > Download from:
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh

oops, try leaving off the "-d", that makes it look for a devel version

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
                  I doubt that it matters, but what Server are you pointed to: Software Sources > Ubuntu Software > Download from:
                  Yeah, doesn't seem to. I've tried "Main server" and "Ireland server" (my location).

oops, try leaving off the "-d", that makes it look for a devel version
                  It seemed to ponder that one for a while, but then just gave me the same "No new release found" message.

Comment

I had a similar problem, and it turned out I'd set kpackagekit to only show long term support upgrades. This is in settings -> software sources -> updates -> release upgrade. I'm about to upgrade too, thanks to the linux mag article that said KDE 4.5 was worth upgrading for!

Comment

Well, wish I could say I know what did it, but I the upgrade option appeared. I just kept setting and resetting each of the options - particularly the repo servers and the update release options.

Whatever the cause, I'm now running a smoothly upgraded Maverick Meercat distro, and quite happy about it. (Now to Google what might be causing an Amarok crash....)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X