X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No editable settings, "Auto eth0" not in network manager

Hi peeps...

I have installed kubuntu on the wife's computer in preparation for Unity. Long story but I showed her Unity and Gnome 3 and she hates them both, kde to the rescue...

Anyhow back to the problem at hand Due to issue with our ISP and some of the added protection it can give we use OpenDNS. I had a look in "Network Settings" to discover that there is not an entry for the wired connection. I can create a new connection but the current one is not there for me to edit and add the OpenDNS addresses. Once I make a new connection with the settings I want, on restarting the computer it uses "Auto eth0" and not the connection I have set.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: No editable settings, "Auto eth0" not in network manager

If you're using knetworkmanager (the default) it will control all your network settings. You can try this:

1. Right click on KNetworkManager in your system tray and select Manual Configuration. If it is not already running, press Alt+F2 and type in knetworkmanager and press Run.
    2. When prompted enter your root password
    3. Navigate to the Domain Name System tab.
    4. Under the Domain Name Servers section, click the add button and enter the IP address 208.67.222.222
    5. Now click the add button again and this time add 208.67.220.220
    6. If there are any other IP addresses in this list, click to highlight them and then click remove.
    7. Now click Apply and okay.
    8. Wait about five minutes and go to welcome.opendns.com

or you can remove knetwork manager entirely and manually configure your connection in /etc/network/interfaces.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
    X