X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snappwrench
    replied
    Ok so it works, it's just really slow so i just didn't give it enough time i guess so good enough for now. Thanks again for the responses.

Leave a comment:

• snappwrench
    replied
    Thanks for input, maybe i'll look into the airdroid thing. Don't really want to switch to 12.04 as it gives me some hardware issues. Not sure what it is but like i mentioned above, i can pull the SD card out and plug it into my cpu that way and it works great so i don't know. Just gonna have to keep tinkering as always.

Leave a comment:

• woodsmoke
    replied
    Hi
    I know that this probably sounds kind of stupid, but several situations have occurred to me while tethering with and Android Galaxy S, one year old approx.

a) For some odd reason after several updates the phone was not recognized until I restarted the computer after the updates. This has not happened with all updates, but it did happen several times.

b) The physical hooking up to the computer sometimes is odd. Sometimes, if I have left the usb cable connected and just disconnected the phone, after shutting down mass storage, etc. the phone is not seen. So, I have made it a practice to shut down the mass storage, wait a few seconds, I guess for Kubu to collect it's thoughts, and then remove the phone and the cable at the same time.
    Then the next time that I want to tether, I have the cable in the phone and then insert the usb end into the computer.

Like I said, these are oddball observations. but then, I'm just a hardware kinda guy.

woodsmoke

Leave a comment:

• blackpaw
    replied
    So no notifications come up in the device notifier when you switch USB Storage on?

You're on Kubuntu 10.10? an upgrade to 12.04 might be a good idea.

Alternatively you could install Airdroid on the phone - it has an excellent interface for transfering files and many other things.

Leave a comment:

• snappwrench
    started a topic Galaxy Prevail Android phone

Galaxy Prevail Android phone

Hi all, just a new galaxy prevail phone and i'm trying to transfer files to and from my cpu but kubuntu doesn't recognize my phone even when i switch the phone to usb mass storage. Wondering if i need software for this? Haven't really been able to find any answers on this. I can take the sd card out and use an adapter but it would be better to go straight through the phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Working...
X