This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet connection problem

Alright well, I'm new to the whole Linux thing, so try to be specific :P Yesterday night, I did a dual-boot with windows 7 and Kubuntu. Everything was going well, until I tried using the internet on Kubuntu. In the room that my router's in, my internet work's fine, but as I leave the room, I lose connection, and eventually, I'm unable to connect to anything. I know it's not an adapter problem, because on Windows 7 I'm able to connect to the internet everywhere. My guess is that it's a driver problem, but I'm not sure.

Re: Internet connection problem

That's a new problem. Have not seen this one before. I don't think it is a driver problem, because if it was, you probably would not be able to connect at all. Do you know the model of your wireless device? I would take that information, and do a Google search to see if anyone else is having the same problem and if a solution has been found. One other thing I would do is try it with a static IP address and see if that makes a difference.

Comment

Re: Internet connection problem

If you're still using knetworkmanager - search for a how to post on replacing it with wicd

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
      X