Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vsftpd - how do you enable simultaneous access from both intranet and internet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vsftpd - how do you enable simultaneous access from both intranet and internet?

kubuntu 10.04.3 LTS

vsftpd v2.2.2 (amd64)

1. installation worked.
    2. vsftpd works.

PROBLEM: I can't access ftp server from home network when I can access ftp server from internet. Conversely, I can't access ftp server from the internet when I can access ftp server from home network.

How do I configure vsftpd to allow simultaneous access from both intranet and internet?

Basically, when I use this setting (pasv_addr_resolv=YES) I can't access ftp server from my home network (intranet) but I can access it from a remote location outside of my home network. And when I change this setting to pasv_addr_resolv=NO the opposite occurs.

So the question is how can I access the ftp server from both inside and outside of my home network at the same time without making any changes to the configuration file: /etc/vsftpd.conf ?

Re: vsftpd - how do you enable simultaneous access from both intranet and internet?

The variable pasv_addr_resolv controls access by either hostname or IP.

I suggest you configure your hostname and hosts file to allow access via hostname and use that on your internal network.

Please Read Me

Comment

Re: vsftpd - how do you enable simultaneous access from both intranet and internet?

Still can't get this to work for both intranet and internet.

Can anyone who has a working FTP server from inside and outside of the home network help?

Comment

Working...
      X