Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] - Is there a way to stop icons in taskbar from being hidden?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] - Is there a way to stop icons in taskbar from being hidden?

There's a little button in the taskbar that "hides" or "unhides" some icons. First, is there a way to disable the button so that all the icons are unhidden all the time? It's a pia to have to click a button to unhide icons everytime I log on. Also, is there a tutorial, or instructions about Panel options? I'm new to Kubuntu, and I've only got the default panel at the bottom of the screen. I'd like to learn how to modify it.
    Thanks....
    PETERV<br />17&quot; MacBook Pro - Snow Leopard<br />OS&#39;s: Snow Leopard 10.6.4/Kubuntu 10.04/Windows XP Pro SP3<br />Parallels 5.0<br />2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB SDRAM<br />WD 1TB My Book Studio quad-interface External Drive

Re: Is there a way to stop icons in taskbar from being hidden?

right click on the little triangle, select System Tray Settings, Autohide, select Always Visible.

Don't be afraid to try some basic things yourself...

Please Read Me

Comment

Re: Is there a way to stop icons in taskbar from being hidden?

Thanks. I already tried the right click on the triangle, but I didn't realize each of the icons had to be set individually. I'm used to Windows, where there's not as fine control.
      PETERV<br />17&quot; MacBook Pro - Snow Leopard<br />OS&#39;s: Snow Leopard 10.6.4/Kubuntu 10.04/Windows XP Pro SP3<br />Parallels 5.0<br />2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB SDRAM<br />WD 1TB My Book Studio quad-interface External Drive

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] - Is there a way to stop icons in taskbar from being hidden?

Glad that was what you needed! KDE is really designed to give maximum choice. This is one good example

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
        X